Animations for various powers

I'm probably in the minority. I got Aim on my ice/dark corruptor...and it never occurs to me in character creation to look at the animations of various attacks. That's just not something I normally do, as I feel like I've seen them all before. I know from experience if I'm going to do Bitter Ice Blast, I need to decide between types of shades/looks (crystals, skulls, noir, original, that kind of thing) to ensure I have what looks like a standard throw, instead of some fancy softball pitch. 

I execute Aim, and I see my character thrust their arm into the air...I've never seen this animation before. And I've taken Aim on several characters, if not dozens before this. 
So, if there's been a change in default animations, I have to wonder why. I'm sure this is MY fault, as I tend to gloss over the patch notes, mainly looking to see the major changes, not something so mundane like a power animation - which I myself might have triggered unknowingly during creation. 

But, if I didn't trigger it, my suggestion is that powers execute with a default animation. If there is a new option available, I would think folks who are interested in those changes would specifically look for those changes and take note. Unlike me, a rather dull person who would not. 

Just my two cents. I can't believe I've got to go to a tailor. An experience I just don't enjoy, to see if I can change this undesired change back to what it used to be.