The Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #70: What are some combinations of existing power mechanics you would like?

This is not to invent new mechanics, themes, sets, or change existing sets.  This is not concrete suggestions, these are mad scientist concoctions.

But electric has a power the advances power recharge a set amount, and rezes exist - so it would be interesting to have a rez that recharged all of your power 10 minutes or so.  Give you back basically all of your powers.

And burn gives the character immobilization resistance - so it would be interesting to have attacks that gave status protection for a short duration.  Think blaster or defender getting 10s of hold resistance every time they attack with X power.

what combinations of existing power mechanics would you like to see?  

I will add a couple more

single target taunt exists and Victory Rush gives a buff based on the type of target (minion, lt, boss, etc.)  - you could make a single target taunt that buffs the user based on the target.  So if you taunt a minion you get a small buff but if you taunt an AV you get a large buff.

teleports foe exists - you could make controller teleport foes that add a control to the target or defender teleport foes that add a debuff to the target.

• Like 1

As a Warshade, shapeshifts with power subsets associated with them.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

I would love to see attacks give a stacking damage resistance to their type for say 10 seconds or so, similar to Defiance's stacking damage buff. For example: every attack with energy blast would grant 10% energy damage resistance for 10 seconds. So if any AT does a bunch of energy blasts they would very quickly build up a high damage resistance to their preferred damage type for a short time.

It's never made any sense to me that a fire Blaster, or fire Tanker for that matter, would be vulnerable to their own damage type.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

it would nice if there were a couple more attract effects in the game; the one on axe cyclone is super fun and it could really give a other other underperforming sets some distinctive flavor (like cmon just make black hole and aoe attract already, and watch everyone start wanting a grav controller)

8 minutes ago, eiynp said:

it would nice if there were a couple more attract effects in the game; the one on axe cyclone is super fun and it could really give a other other underperforming sets some distinctive flavor (like cmon just make black hole and aoe attract already, and watch everyone start wanting a grav controller)

I agree. More OP stuff! - and balance the OP stuff with massive cooldowns.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

30 minutes ago, eiynp said:

I've been saying for FOREVER that Black Hole should be an attract - it's in Dark, not Grav, though.  Grav has Dimension Shift, which I cannot for the life of me think of a better effect for without stepping on Dark's feet (the AOE Hold field).

• Thumbs Up 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Non-patch chain-knockdown like firing an oil grenade at a group, have it effect 16 targets.  those 16 targets have a hard time standing up and are flammable

I thought I seen the birth of that with Arsenal control's nitrogen thing and water powers.  might not be a new-new mechanic

• Like 1