Fix Elec Affinity

I am also not a fan of clicky sets.

its very difficult for me to focus (at my age) on quite so many buttons and also lose myself in the gameplay

its the reason I don't play kheldians

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

I have it on a MM, a Controller, and a Defender all at 50. I personally wouldn't mind if the buffs lasted a little longer myself to give people an easier time of weaving in an attack chain. For that reason alone I prefer it on my Demon/Elec MM and Fire/Elec troller over my water/elec defender as the pets are able to be very sturdy and contribute the bulk of my DPS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Most AoE buffs fall into 2 categories:

1. Buffs that increase a stat (damage, recharge, defense, resistance, recovery, regeneration) for a period of time. These are generally designed with a recharge longer than the buff durations. For example, Nature/Wild Growth has a 90s duration and a 225s recharge, Kinetics/Fulcrum Shift has a 30s duration and a 60s recharge, Time/Farsight has a 120s duration and a 240s recharge. This creates a mentality to slot enough recharge for the buff to be perma and to refresh the buff whenever it recharges. Electrical Affinity has two powers that fall into this category but have recharges shorter than the buff duration. Empowering Circuit has a 15s recharge and a 60s duration. Insulating Circuit has a 20s recharge and a 30s duration. Neither of these powers stack, so there's no benefit to refreshing the buffs on allies that are already buffed. 
  2. Buffs that replenish health or endurance but don't affect regeneration or recovery. Most heals fall into this category. Kinetics/Transference works this way (but is also a ST debuff). Generally the recharges are fairly short, but there is no need to use the power every time it recharged. The powers are intended to be reactive. Rejuvenating Circuit clearly falls into this category. Energizing Circuit does as well if you ignore the 5s recharge buff. It replenishes ally endurance and has no ongoing buff. While this power has a 35s recharge, it is intended be used reactively, i.e., when your allies are low on endurance. It doesn't need to be used every time it recharges. 

The issue with EA is that all the buffs are chains and then number of targets a chain can hit is determined by how many stacks of Static you have. Each stack of Static increases the number of targets a chain can hit by 3. You can't buff an entire team without stacks of Static and the only way to build stacks is to apply buffs. This creates an unnecessary requirement to reapply buffs every time they're recharged, making the set very clicky. Other than increasing the number of targets your chains can hit, Static doesn't actually do anything. It doesn't make your buffs stronger, last longer or recharge faster. The chain mechanic puts EA at a significant disadvantage to other buff sets, which can hit 255 targets with their AoE buffs. My suggestion would be to eliminate the Static mechanic entirely and increase the maximum targets for all the chains to 255.

• Thumbs Down 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Electrical Affinity is a great, high-performing set. Nothing to fix.

Meh. I consider a B- or B set at best. It is out-performed by quite a few sets.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Honestly, I'd say Electrical Affinity is equal to Nature, only outdone by Cold and Kin.  I am always extremely grateful to encounter one on a team.  It just gets a bad rap because it's best played on Masterminds, IMO.

47 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Honestly, I'd say Electrical Affinity is equal to Nature, only outdone by Cold and Kin.  I am always extremely grateful to encounter one on a team.  It just gets a bad rap because it's best played on Masterminds, IMO.

Nature smokes EA - it has superior buffs and superior debuffs. Time is also better.

36 minutes ago, Uun said:

Nature smokes EA - it has superior buffs and superior debuffs. Time is also better.

I remember one time doing an 801 or whatever it’s called. We had two Times including myself and we got smoked. Both Times switched to EA and we smoked them. 

Time is good for easy content though.

48 minutes ago, arcane said:

I remember one time doing an 801 or whatever it’s called. We had two Times including myself and we got smoked. Both Times switched to EA and we smoked them. 

Time is good for easy content though.

I haven't run my EA or either of my Times through 801, but Cold and Dark Miasma have really shined in those.