The Officially Unofficial Weekly Challenge #4: Start a team

On 3/12/2024 at 11:57 AM, NotsoevilDM said:

Need to do a couple of TFs for the Task Force Commander badge on my main, so may just start a team for these rather than waiting for someone else to do it.

Ended up getting on a team for the missing badge. However, did take over a Posi2 when we had trouble starting it - one toon turned out to be too low level. Also formed a MS team when I realised there were only a couple of us all looking. Tick, done!

Edited by NotsoevilDM
  • Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

I don't form teams because I'm a shit multi-tasker.  I can't concentrate on talking to people and playing the game at the same time.  Sometimes team members need help and instructions.  Sometimes you have to invite new players when group members drop out.  This is even a problem for me as a member of a group that another person is leading.  If you give me instructions in the chat while a fight is happening, I can't parse them.  If I stop to read them and carry them out, I either die or break off from the rest of the group and get lost (or both).  For this reason, I also don't RP during combat.

Someone once suggested I join a group that uses voice chat during teams so I don't have to read anything.  Doesn't help.  I can't listen to you talk and concentrate on playing the game, either.  It's one or the other.  I wish I could multi-task.  I really do.  But that's just not how my brain is structured.  For this reason, I only rarely lead teams, and I always have regrets when I do so (as do most of the players that join my teams).  So, I've basically sworn off it. 

Sorry.  🤷‍♂️

• Banjo 1

18 hours ago, DougGraves said:

What is an MS team?  MSR is mother ship raid afaik

Mapserver event. There were like 3 of us in PI broadcasting for an invite. Not sure if the main league had already moved on elsewhere, but nobody else was around so I  just invited them to team and we finished it off.

Edited by NotsoevilDM
  • Banjo 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!