We all need to leave this game. It's too good

On 3/14/2024 at 1:53 PM, temnix said:

It sucks away our time. We need to quit it.

Nope. I do other things.

I may spend too much time logged into THE CITY and digging through the forums, but the time here is and in-game is enjoyable to me.

I'm making this decision, because I'm dreaming away what is left of my life.

Then it sounds like a good decision for you.

I'm glad that you came to that conclusion for yourself.

It isn't necessary to try to drag people along with you in order to reassure yourself that you are making the correct decision.

And I am not coming back to CoH to move my tanker around and click on the same three power buttons

yeah, that sounds pretty boring.

I wouldn't be playing any more CoH if that was all I was doing either.

Go find your bliss. It will be good for your soul.

• Like 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Somewhere, in this forum, or maybe it was on the Titan network site, I wrote, in some fashion that I was glad the game shut down. I was playing far too much. I was unemployed at the time, and I think I was sitting in front of the computer with a dorm fridge and a microwave within an over-stretched arm's reach. If it weren't for the call of nature, I might never have gotten up from the chair. 
The game shut down, and then suddenly I realize I'm big fat slob. So, I started to move around. A little bit at first, and then finally got in shape. And I've stayed fit. 

I don't know that I grasp everything the OP wrote. But, if I understood that they're saying too much of a good thing is bad for us, then I'm inclined to agree. The Ancient Greeks used to say, "all things in moderation". And, I think that's a fair statement. 

Not everyone can handle booze, or gambling. The level up sound probably creates some dopamine levels that are higher for some folks than others. So, no judgement here. 

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I don't know that I grasp everything the OP wrote. But, if I understood that they're saying too much of a good thing is bad for us, then I'm inclined to agree. The Ancient Greeks used to say, "all things in moderation". And, I think that's a fair statement. 

There's breaks... like almost every Tuesday when the game is shut down for occasional maintenance.  Rarely, it's for hours with extended maintenance.

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Not everyone can handle booze, or gambling.

Not at my levels, they can't...