Bad Decisions Man would like some build help.

Major_Decoy

He solos fine and he's one of the few characters I have that can actually get all of his toggles back up before the untouchable portion of Revive wears off, but I don't really have any particular build goals. He's an meta-concept of "I'm going to fail all the missions I can possibly fail" combined with "Well, if I play a character who just makes really bad decisions all the time, maybe I can stomach doing some of the creepy villain arcs.

baddecisionsman.jpg

23 minutes ago, Koopak said:

But what are you actually looking for?

That's part of my problem. I don't entirely  know. Doctored Wounds was my first pick because I was just kind of frankenslotting, getting the best enhancement bonuses for the lowest investment of slots, because, while I knew I didn't entirely have enough slots to go around at lower levels, I didn't know which powers I'd need. It's my first time playing regeneration and fiery melee. But as I've gotten to level 43 now, slots aren't quite the sticking point they once were.

I still haven't figured out an attack chain. By this time on most characters, I kind of have an idea of which attacks I use most often, but with fiery melee it just feels like button mashing.

I've spent quite a bit of time optimizing Regeneration, main concerns are getting Dull Pain permaed (easily done) and stacking more recharge for Instant Healing and MoG up time. Shadow Meld too if you take it as it can easily hit a 50% up time. After that you are just after resistances and making sure you dont over cap things like max hp.

Fore Fiery Melee your ideal rotation is Incinerate -> Greater Fire Sword -> Cremate

Here's an example scrapper build using Regen and en example highly optimized fiery melee scrapper

Final Glint Revision 11 WIP - Scrapper (Katana - Regeneration).mbd

Effluence_Fire-Bio tweaked.mbd

Edited by Koopak

You are spreading out slots too much, regen needs recharge, and it's OK to focus on a few powers to get them 5 slotted to get to that recharge bonus instead of spreading slots out evenly across all your powers. For example scorch, it's a tier 1 power and it's usefulness in your rotation diminishes as your build matures. As such, at level 43 you don't need to devote 3 more slots to it or pick it at all, and those 3 slots can go to fire sword, creamate, and incinerate for 5 slot crushing impact for 15% global recharge. Alternatively you can allocate those to 5 slot your 3 other healing click powers not named reconstruction with doctored wounds for the same 15% global recharge, and open up room for your attacks for damage proc slotting.

Don't be "fair" with how you allocate slots, build with purpose. That requires that you understand the goals of the build. For regen, the very fundamental goals should be Recharge and Slow resistance. The latter is harder to get without sinking tons of influence on winter sets, so as a budget build you should focus on recharge.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

• 2 weeks later

I haven't played Fire Melee except as a Brute back on Live probably pre-Incarnate and I'm still learning where and how to determine the ideal spots to place (or use) the ATOs.  So where would the recommended placement be?