IBuyPower Computer

Etched

I bought an IBuyPower computer today. Was wondering if this pc is worth the money I put into it? It is lackin a hard drive but otherwise it appears brand new. 

I have no stats on  chip or memory cards, so I cannot be any help with that. Vid card is a ryzen 4000.

Not much of a tech person so forgive my ignorance. 

Would appreciate any replies.

@Etched

They put together good computers and they do good custom builds. The Ryzen 4000 is actually a processors series for gaming laptops. They came out in 2022.

https://www.ibuypower.com/gaming-laptops

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Thanks for the info. This is a desktop  pc so I may have it wrong.  Regardless,  80 bucks for a brand new pc isn't bad. I've priced out a hard drive  already and is in the mail.  Shame I don't get to use it. Wife has already claimed it for her photography stuff. :classic_biggrin:

@Etched

• Thumbs Up 2

@Etched, assuming you put Windows on the computer, you can run a search in the Windows search box (Not a browser search.  Look for the magnifying glass on the Windows toolbar) on "dxdiag", which will pull up the Direct X Diagnostic Tool.  This has tabs containing a variety of information about your computer, such as a display tab that will tell you a many details about your video card.  The tool also has a save all information button.  I highly recommend running it periodically and saving a copy to a thumb drive if there's a second PC in the house (to read the drive) or a print out copy if there's not.  Not only will it let you know details about your computer now, but routinely updating it will give a computer repair person valuable info in troubleshooting your PC, such as what versions your PC's BIOS and DirectX are set to, in any future event where you cannot get your computer up and running.  There's one or two somewhat sensitive info bits, so share judiciously.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2024 at 8:52 PM, Techwright said:

@Etched, assuming you put Windows on the computer, you can run a search in the Windows search box (Not a browser search.  Look for the magnifying glass on the Windows toolbar) on "dxdiag", which will pull up the Direct X Diagnostic Tool.  This has tabs containing a variety of information about your computer, such as a display tab that will tell you a many details about your video card.  The tool also has a save all information button.  I highly recommend running it periodically and saving a copy to a thumb drive if there's a second PC in the house (to read the drive) or a print out copy if there's not.  Not only will it let you know details about your computer now, but routinely updating it will give a computer repair person valuable info in troubleshooting your PC, such as what versions your PC's BIOS and DirectX are set to, in any future event where you cannot get your computer up and running.  There's one or two somewhat sensitive info bits, so share judiciously.

Also assuming Windows was installed, you can just rt-click on the Windows 'Start menu' icon and select 'Run' then type in dxdiag and hit Enter/click OK to bring up the diagnostic tool.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.