Attuned IO's

I didn't know anything to do with content that was added late in the game but I asked help chat and was given the following advice:

If the prices are the same (I've noticed that they are not), then attuned are certainly the way to go because set bonuses will then be available at any level unlike regular invented sets.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

yt5xA7o.jpg

I boosted all the Kinetic Combats in Ki Push on my blaster Vanellope.  I don't actually use the power much, but Kinetic Combat is one of those sets you might want to boost because it's only level 35 and it doesn't give enough accuracy or endurance reduction.

rCgDaOQ.jpg

4OKSKCl.jpg

A better example might be defense.  I had Scorpion Shield slotted with level 50 Reactive Defense: Defense and Defense/Endurance, and a level 40 LotG Defense/+7.5% global recharge.  I replaced the LotG with a level 50 and boosted everything.  This improved my Energy Defense from 44.82% to 44.99%.

Whether you think that is worth the cost is up to you.  ^_^  But it's an example of what people might do with boosted IOs instead of attuned ones.  I may need to do this with what I have slotted in Weave and Maneuvers as well.

Is there a reason why I shouldnt buy attuned IO's? I mean you can buy a 50 Aegis: Resistance/Endurance or an Attuned version, they seem to be the same price and give the same statistics.

Any light that can be shed on this?

I wasn't playing when Attuned and Boosted IOs were a thing, but from what I've gathered:

* Normal IOs can be slotted only when they're no more than 3 levels above you. Their enhancement strength is fixed. If you exemplar, set bonuses will only persist up to 3 levels below the level of the IO. This means if you use lvl 50 IOs then exemplar down to 40, you'll lose all your set bonuses. If you use lower level IOs so you can exemplar w/o losing your set bonuses, then the enhancements won't be as strong. A lvl 30 IO has lower enhancement strength than a lvl50, afterall. It was a tradeoff.

* Attuned IOs can be slotted at any level, and their enhancement strength increases and decreases as you level up or exemplar down. Additionally, the set bonuses will be active for the entire lvl range of the set. A set that goes from 20-50 will provide set bonuses at any lvl in that range. (I think it might also work up to 3 levels below, so lvl17 in this example.) They're basically a (mostly) no compromise version of the IO.

* Regular IOs (not attuned) can be boosted. Boosted IOs allow you to increase their enhancement strength even further. This would be most useful for things like generic (no bonuses) & purple (even though they're lvl50, their bonuses persist even when exemplared).

As for pricing:

* The AH buckets things. This is a little bit confusing, but the basic gist is that the AH allows a seller to sell any IO to a buyer of that same IO of any level / type. For example, if I craft a lvl30 Crushing Impact and someone is trying to buy a lvl 50 Crushing Impact, the market can take my lvl30, convert it to a lvl50, and give it to the buyer. This works for attuned IOs, too. So that same lvl30 Crushing Impact would sell exactly the same to a buyer of an attuned Crushing Impact.

* This means if you want to buy something, buy the exact version of the IO you want, and the market will do the rest. Don't settle for a lvl30 Crushing Impact when you could get an attuned / lvl50 of the same type for the same price.

* The process used to attune an IO costs ~4 million inf, from what I've read. So people suggest that if you have an IO that you want to use but isn't attuned, you should just sell it and buy another from the AH to get it attuned "for free." (Sans market fees, but that's unlikely to be 4 million.)

* This is the case for recipes and salvage, too. All salvage of the same type (common, uncommon, and rare) are all in the same bucket. So all salvage in a single category sells for the same price.

It took me a bit piece all this together, so I hope this makes sense. (To anyone else, if I've mucked any of that up, please set me straight.)