Base Item: Alternate Tech Transportation Pads

The current Tech Transportation Pads are huge, hulking things. Can we get an alternate Tech Pad, say the Council Transformation Capsule?

125px-Transformation_Capsule.jpg

I'm sure there are other items that would work as well that would be much smaller and easier to use for base builders to then create around.

For instance, an on but non-functioning Portable Workbench. Sunken into the ground, I think would make a great teleportation pad.

spacer.png

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Thumbs Up 3

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• Oubliette_Red changed the title to Base Item: Alternate Tech Transportation Pads

If the Portable Workbench model was made available to us as a base item, it wouldn't need to be a teleportation pad in and of itself. You could just take the bench or prop, whichever it was as added to the base list, and sink it into the ground with a Vanguard Portal or Interdimensional Shard on top. And as for the Council Transformation Capsule teleporter? You can just use Vamp Chamber 3 and embed an Interdimensional Shard slightly or partially embed a Carnival of Light Portal, Summoning Portal, Black Hole, White Hole, or Small Portal; treating the parts that extend beyond as radiance emanating from the capsule portal.

I'm in favor of more options, I'm just trying to help you make the things you have posted using what is available. If I want a teleporter that is different from what is available, I build it from various other objects and then place the portal effect I want in it where it can be easily access by the player.

• Like 1

Rudra beat me to it before I could take screenshots. Here's a pic of three different use cases where I fashioned them as a faux elevator, some cars, and - most fittingly - a blue police box.

image.jpeg.3988b1549a659b699d43024c4b5b9587.jpeg

Edited by megaericzero
  • Like 1