Player skin colors to match "tights" clothing colors

Lots of characters I try to make would look great if I could have skin colors that match the clothes I have my character in, for various reasons. Mostly, my issues are trying to have weird skin colors in hands, feet and heads. Having matching colors would be fantastic.

• Like 3

Cryptic specifically made them unmatched so players couldn't create "nude" characters.  Considering that HC is sticking to the T rating, it's unlikely that they'll change anything in this regard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Whether or not your request is accommodated is going to depend on these developers' commitments to prudery. It is obvious that Cryptic did not want players to make characters who would appear naked easily, which is what your suggestion is most naturally going to be used for. And there is nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of reasons and concepts to make pretend-nude personages, if the idea of a hero is not locked within the format of U. S. comic books and the censorship masses overhanging it. But Cryptic didn't want to make it easy to hint at nudity. Maybe Homecoming has a lighter view this far, at least. My own choice for nudes is the second-darkest black and clothes of the same color, it is a puzzle finding other matches. You can also experiment with the "Body Suit" options - Glossy and Matte.

2 hours ago, temnix said:

Whether or not your request is accommodated is going to depend on these developers' commitments to prudery. It is obvious that Cryptic did not want players to make characters who would appear naked easily, which is what your suggestion is most naturally going to be used for. And there is nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of reasons and concepts to make pretend-nude personages, if the idea of a hero is not locked within the format of U. S. comic books and the censorship masses overhanging it. But Cryptic didn't want to make it easy to hint at nudity. Maybe Homecoming has a lighter view this far, at least. My own choice for nudes is the second-darkest black and clothes of the same color, it is a puzzle finding other matches. You can also experiment with the "Body Suit" options - Glossy and Matte.

I figured it was a wariness on nudity.

I've got a yellow dude I'd like to have his mask match his skin tone to. I'll amend the request to allow for the skin pallet for masks, hands and feet, then. This would not alter any of the costume areas where nudity could be a thing and gives a smidge more variety in costuming.

8 minutes ago, Idiotfool said:

I figured it was a wariness on nudity.

I've got a yellow dude I'd like to have his mask match his skin tone to. I'll amend the request to allow for the skin pallet for masks, hands and feet, then. This would not alter any of the costume areas where nudity could be a thing and gives a smidge more variety in costuming.

The problem with that is the skin palette does not differentiate between body locations. (Edit: Character costumes have 2 palettes: the costume palette and the skin palette. What palette is pulled up is dependent upon whether you have selected the Skin tab or not.)

Edited by Rudra

This was always my complaint also, but I never thought the reason was to dissuade nude toons. It makes sense, but it never crossed my mind. I have seen underwear toons on here and never thought twice about it. I am all for extra costume and look additions. If anything, I go out of my way to make female characters I make look less risqué. 

On 3/30/2024 at 5:12 AM, arkieboy72472 said:

This was always my complaint also, but I never thought the reason was to dissuade nude toons. It makes sense, but it never crossed my mind. I have seen underwear toons on here and never thought twice about it. I am all for extra costume and look additions. If anything, I go out of my way to make female characters I make look less risqué. 

Deck them out in burlap sacks.

I hope to convey to any people from Homecoming that might be looking here how extra ridiculous it is that not only the sinful, dire and running-away-screaming exposed flesh is forbidden but even wearing a body suit in fleshy tones. It must never even be CONCEIVED that someone is naked.

6 minutes ago, temnix said:

Deck them out in burlap sacks.

I hope to convey to any people from Homecoming that might be looking here how extra ridiculous it is that not only the sinful, dire and running-away-screaming exposed flesh is forbidden but even wearing a body suit in fleshy tones. It must never even be CONCEIVED that someone is naked.

The game is listed as a 13+ game, so there are teens as young as 13 playing. So of course you can't make a naked character. We've already had this discussion.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/29/2024 at 8:12 PM, arkieboy72472 said:

Those underwear characters are using swimsuits to portray that. Swimsuits are acceptable for teens. Nudity is not acceptable when it comes to young teens. (Females have bikini options, not underwear options. While males have bare as an option for their bare legs, not underwear option.)

Edit: And for those that want to say 'but labeaux thong and carnie bottoms'? The labeaux thong is an alternate bottom option for the labeaux top. (My guess is a second top that worked with the alternate bottom was going to be made but wasn't prior to shutdown.) And the Carnie bottoms are NPC proliferated options, one of which is meant to be used with the corresponding Carnie top but is not required to be. Something that was deemed to be acceptable for someone 13 years old to see whereas nude characters are not.

Edited by Rudra

Again, this is an age 13+ game. If you really want to play a naked female, I'm sure there are other options out there besides trying to bring it into a game where 13 year olds play.

• Thumbs Up 1