Still can't login after emergency maintenance.

7:55pm EDT on March 29, 2024.  I attempt to login and after clicking the server I want to login to and waiting a few moments, it kicks me back to the login screen.

Edit: SOLVED!  I exited the game and allowed the launcher to UPDATE the game!  Duh!

Edit, edit: I've been noticing a lot of increased problems ever since Homecoming bought NCSoft!  😉

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

I use the HC launcher. Same problem. I uninstalled the HC option from the launcher, hoping that a fresh reinstall might force the proper update. No good. Maybe even worse as now it shows it is uninstalled! Any help please and thanks!

launcher.log

Edited by CapnFreedom
Additon
  • Like 1

• City Council
2 minutes ago, CapnFreedom said:

I use the HC launcher. Same problem. I uninstalled the HC option from the launcher, hoping that a fresh reinstall might force the proper update. No good. Maybe even worse as now it shows it is uninstalled! Any help please and thanks!

You still a cityofheroes.exe still running. If you can't find it in task manager, try rebooting.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Display Name said:

Edit: SOLVED!  I exited the game and allowed the launcher to UPDATE the game!  Duh!

Thanks for that, my launcher didn't automatically detect the update, I had to click the ... button below the launch button and manually tell it to update.

• Like 1

Excelsior still down. Did updates, restarted launcher 10 times. First Torchbearer showed up as online, now also Reunion + Everlasting. 2 most active servers still offline...of course.

Launcher still saying "Error retrieving shard status", whatever that means. What have you done guys...? sigh

----

NM - rest came up 5 mins later. Client crashed and came back with login server errors a couple times, but I'm finally back in, YAY! :D

----

But wait - my 50+ auction items have disappeared! W...T...A...F guys??? :classic_angry:

----

A couple logs later they mysteriously reappeared. Things are not stable...

Edited by Nostromo21

Game over man, game over!

• Game Master

The servers have been restored.  You may need to repatch to launch.

As noted elsewhere, if you see "This Character is logging out", or "This character is logging in", be patient and try again.  The auth server is catching up to your client.

• Like 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.