Let AH to sell +1 through +5 boosted IOs

This is essentially a quality of life suggestion....

I do appreciate well thought and described opinions and responses to this QoL suggestion

At times, I do respec old builds and make new builds with different features, as a result a number of IOs that I had boosted to as high as +5 becomes not needed and thus subject to be sold.

The problem is that AH is not set to sell +5 boosted IOs, and if you want to sell them, they are stripped of the 5 +1 boosters I used to improve them, and then offered to be sold as a normal not boosted IO.

It would be courteous, if the +5 Boosted IO (or there off) could be traded or sold at  current state, if the process to make this possible is so mind boggling to do, then perhaps during the process of removing the +1 boosters, the player gets them returned instead, not just thrown to the garbage.

V/R

I don't understand what the problem is that this suggestion is trying to address. The post describes it as inconvenient. I don't think so. It's an opportunity cost.

Players have the choice to not boost an enhancement. Players have the choice to use a catalyst instead. Players have the choice to put the boosted enhancement in a base storage for later. Players have the choice to sell it on the market to make back some of the cost. 

I don't see a convincing reason to implement this suggestion. 

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

You could always either hang onto them in case you need them for another build, or sell them to an individual player using the trade window. Granted, that's harder to do with no dedicated chat for manually selling items, and it isn't useful for most situations to do it that way -- your situation being the outlier.

1 hour ago, DrRocket said:

It would be courteous, if the +5 Boosted IO (or there off) could be traded or sold at  current state, if the process to make this possible is so mind boggling to do

I'm pretty sure that this would not only kind of break the auction house, but it would also ruin the economy a bit.

Currently, the auction house doesn't track if you're selling a level 25 Luck of the Gambler, a level 50 Luck of the Gambler, or an attuned Luck of the Gambler. It just knows you're selling a Luck of the Gambler Def/End and who ever buys a Luck of the Gambler Def/End at a buying price higher than your selling price could end up with your Luck of the Gambler.

This change would mean five new categories to hide enhancements in "Crafted +1, Crafted +2, Crafted +3,  Crafted +4, and Crafted +5" (I imagine that +1 to +4 would be almost entirely empty but they'd still be necessary) and either mean that enhancements could no longer be pooled the same way (You'd need at least six pools, crafted/attuned, +1, +2, ...) or enhancements would still be pooled and you could just buy something that was listed as attuned as +5.

Either way it's not a good solution. And it hurts the function of boosters, which are currently a good merit and influence sink.

If it's just that you feel like you're feeling wasteful, then e-mail them to yourself or put them in supergroup storage.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

You could always either hang onto them in case you need them for another build, or sell them to an individual player using the trade window. Granted, that's harder to do with no dedicated chat for manually selling items, and it isn't useful for most situations to do it that way -- your situation being the outlier.

That is exactly what I do, but base is approaching getting full of unused +5 boosted IOs and it is such a waste to sell them as if they had not been improved...

I have been able to sell them individually to players around the AH, but the thought was, why not make the AH handle this types as well?

V/R