Need help with a secondary for a MM "Concept Character"...

biostem

So I have this idea for a necro MM that was originally an insect that resided in a graveyard, and through various means, was changed into a humanoid.  I'm trying to think of a good secondary to pair with it.  I already have a necro/elec and necro/dark, so don't want to repeat either of those.  I was thinking /nature colored in greys and browns would probably work well.  Any other ideas or thoughts would be warmly welcomed!

Depending on the type of insect, maybe Poison would work (personally I've never liked Poison much, though, so I'm not sure how well such a character would play). Sonic could work, too, for similar reasons (maybe he was a cricket or a cicada or something).

... IDK if you have a more detailed character concept in mind, but now I'm getting one: a cicada who spent its juvenile life underground in a cemetery frequented by the Circle of Thorns and/or Banished Pantheon and was affected by their magic.  If you want to go the magic route, that is.  Or maybe, if you're looking for a science origin, the Vahzilok spilled some experimental chemicals while they were out grave robbing and the insect got affected that way. Feel free to use any of this if you like it. 🙂 

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I have necro/elec and 2 necro/darks myself both those pairing work well which you know.

I do like the idea of pairing it with rad for the fallout esque ghouls concept. Otherwise /poison would potentially work well, but I personally prefer poison on non-MMs as I like the pbaoe version of venomous gas.

Thermal could potentially work well, but then you've got flaming undead. Not necessarily a bad thing, and can work well with using a grave knight as an enflame anchor.

Cold also can work well if you want a wight/white walker esque vibe.

Nature can give you essentially a Spore Druid vibe if you play D&D or Baldurs Gate 3. That would work well for zombies also.

Time is the last set for buffing the pets id consider with power boosted farsight and HoT from Chrono Shift they'd also work well.

I'd probably stay away from pain/sonic/empathy. Otherwise kin could be interesting to use fulcrum shift, transfusion, and transference on the zombies. Forcefield can be fairly powerful but it like the other support sets better as far as concept goes myself.

• Thumbs Up 1