PC Gamer Article on Homecoming's Deal with NC

21 hours ago, Nostromo21 said:

God I miss the old UseNet... <feeling very old>...

*nods*  Made a lot of friends on Usenet (esp the s.s.* hierarchy) back in the day.  Still friends with many on FB, Twix, etc...

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

21 hours ago, Nostromo21 said:

God I miss the old UseNet... <feeling very old>...

FidoNet was my stomping grounds back in those days.  I miss the flame wars in the Star Trek sections of FidoNet.  I may or may not have helped instigate quite a few of them.  UseNet and FidoNet are both still around, but are husks of what they used to be.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Lunar Ronin said:

FidoNet was my stomping grounds back in those days.  I miss the flame wars in the Star Trek sections of FidoNet.  I may or may not have helped instigate quite a few of them.  UseNet and FidoNet are both still around, but are husks of what they used to be.

My early dial-up ISP back in the 90s let me have my own .vent local group, where absolutely anything goes - no censorship, user enter at own risk!

They drew the line at subs comparing other ISP pricing & deals to theirs...anything goes, except risk to the bottom line it seems lol!

• Banjo 1

Game over man, game over!

13 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

UseNet and FidoNet are both still around, but are husks of what they used to be.

I'm still [theoretically] one of the moderators of a Usenet group...  But we (the moderator team) gave up over a decade ago as there were hundreds of spam and troll posts for every legitimate post.

• Banjo 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)