Martial Arts Scrapper: Settling on a secondary

One IV All

3 hours ago, One IV All said:

This does sound fun, and like a boss killer haha. That was my question, if I'd be able to fit in TWO attacks in the span of EC's +crit window.

You will (possibly) get one crit by attacking from stealth. That sets up the 2s window of boosted crit chance. Getting two attacks in that time seems dubious to me given the cast/animation times involved. Testing it on the Test Server is probably worthwhile.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

You will (possibly) get one crit by attacking from stealth. That sets up the 2s window of boosted crit chance. Getting two attacks in that time seems dubious to me given the cast/animation times involved. Testing it on the Test Server is probably worthwhile.

This is why my ST chain on MA is EC - SK - CAK - SK - (Epic Pool Attack)

I want to make sure I fit in SK and CAK in that window. It works....well. Very well.

According to Mid's, you can do a CAK before DT and still get the crit buff from EC. If not, I'd do SK instead. You need to activate the power during the buff so it can roll the crit check. The entire power doesn't need to finish it's animation during that time.

• Thanks 2

it is being talked about a lot... ninjutsu is great to an extent but it is basically jack of all trades master of none.  it has fatal flaws nested everywhere even if it looks great surface level.  also no taunt aura.

main thing i wanted to highlight though is the shinobi-ri crit opener.  you have to literally wait to be stealthed to get that crit -- it will never happen mid fight and you typically need to physically stop what you would otherwise be doing for a few seconds between packs of enemies... if you like RPing here, all well and good... but even for casual play... probably something you will quickly ignore.

will give a shoutout to building around nin's t9, alongside Unleash Potential.  that combination is extremely powerful but requires very deliberate power cycling that is probably more effort than most people are willing to deal with.

Edited by Sancerre
t9 nin shoutout
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Sancerre said:

it is being talked about a lot... ninjutsu is great to an extent but it is basically jack of all trades master of none.  it has fatal flaws nested everywhere even if it looks great surface level.  also no taunt aura.

main thing i wanted to highlight though is the shinobi-ri crit opener.  you have to literally wait to be stealthed to get that crit -- it will never happen mid fight and you typically need to physically stop what you would otherwise be doing for a few seconds between packs of enemies... if you like RPing here, all well and good... but even for casual play... probably something you will quickly ignore.

will give a shoutout to building around nin's t9, alongside Unleash Potential.  that combination is extremely powerful but requires very deliberate power cycling that is probably more effort than most people are willing to deal with.

Great call outs all around.

In regards to Nin’s T9 and Unleash Potential, is the idea to cycle both those powers and use Nin’s heal/end recover to try and offset the crashes?

17 minutes ago, One IV All said:

Great call outs all around.

In regards to Nin’s T9 and Unleash Potential, is the idea to cycle both those powers and use Nin’s heal/end recover to try and offset the crashes?

nin is not uniquely the only armor set with a t9 that can do this but it does uniquely have the endurance clicky.  t9 has a 3 minute duration.  The goal is to get the t9 to a 4 minute cooldown with a TON of recharge. what you are covering from there is a 1 minute gap... which is the exact duration of Unleash Potential.  Final step -- you just also need Unleash Potential to have a 4 minute cooldown... which is a lot easier.

having the endurance clicky power baked into the kit allows you to 'bypass' the crash if you time it right... alongside ageless radial (which you will want for debuff resistance and recharge anyways).  the neat thing about the combination is that the t9 and Unleash Potential both give a ridiculous amount of endurance recovery so the blue bar (outside of the crash every 4 minutes) is essentially infinite.

practically speaking though, it is overkill for party content where you get tons of group buffs anyways and can be annoying to play around.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd vouch for energy aura. Tankiest option by far, gives you free recharge and end management to help you proc more, so very good offense, too.

If it's just between the listed secondaries, I would go shield. I don't really care for stone's visuals, nor do I think brimstone really amounts to much. Also, no taunt aura. 

Meanwhile, shield was fotm for a reason way back.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Thumbs Up 1