Characters Not Transferred To Vanguard

I use the Homecoming launcher, not Tequila, but when I log into the Closed Beta and then the Vanguard server, there are only 5 of my characters there.  None of my level 50's or any other characters are there.  When I log into Homecoming and my preferred server, they are all there.  I appreciate any help.  Thank you.

• City Council

The transfer to Vanguard wasn't moving HC characters there, it was moving characters from the old Closed Beta "Paragon" server to the new Closed Beta "Vanguard" server.

7 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

The transfer to Vanguard wasn't moving HC characters there, it was moving characters from the old Closed Beta "Paragon" server to the new "Closed Beta" Vanguard server.

I think a lot of the confusion I've seen from people about the consolidation of Closed Beta and Paragon over to the HC server structure has been with people confused thinking they can move characters from vanguard (paragon) to the regular HC servers, and vice versa.

It's a huge disappointment not to be able to transfer several of my characters from vanguard to excelsior.

Edited by Mun

• Game Master
On 4/13/2024 at 8:24 AM, Mun said:

It's a huge disappointment not to be able to transfer several of my characters from vanguard to excelsior.

Neither Homecoming nor Paragon has ever stated this was going to be possible.  If it was unclear in the last few months, we regret the confusion.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

28 minutes ago, Mun said:

You don't care, yep.

So what? Why, exactly, should they care?

People were told months ago that this move would be from the Closed Beta "Paragon" server to the new Closed Beta "Vanguard" server. This was said. Why should they care that you can't/won't read? The GM can't move your characters to another server.

No one is required to care about you. Get over yourself.

• Confused 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I'd say they cared and had reasons not to allow transfers, which may or may not be explained in the instructions from there.  Other than noting that was the plan, I didn't really pay too much attention having only a couple chars there.  (Now, you can say I didn't care much, but I'm just a player)