Lvl 50 Scrapper Ele/Ele BuildS

WuTang

Hi all!

So I'm finally getting around to gearing my Electric Scrapper...my altoholism is in full swing 🙂 and my bank account is showing it.

Any who it's all funny money so blow it I shall.

I am torn between two builds. I was dying to make Teleport work for me because up til now I leaned on Fly or a Super Jump as my final build's travel power and well...I needed a change. What I am trying to decide between is the Destiny incarnate power: Ageless Core vs. Barrier Core. I like both builds, one has a bit more survivability the other has slightly less survivability but with Fold Space; which I haven't personally ever used but have witnessed, and it's a great utility in groups, in my opinion, and good fun imagining the look on the bad guys' faces when the ambush goes all sideways on them.

I'm posting both...and yes Imma junior "Mids warrior" blah blah and I know these builds are not perfect BUT the only way for me to learn is ask questions and test things out. And, as my Inf is thinning out a bit, and this will probably be my last geared 50 for a few weeks, at least until I shore up my finances again, I wanna give the better one a go.

So which do y'all think is better? All opinions are welcome. (yes, I just said that to people on the internet...)

I want this dude to be good at solo and group. Solo: maybe +3/8 hopefully... Group: anything and everything

Thanks!!

Ele-Scrapper-AgelessCore.JPG

Ele-Scrapper-Barrier.JPG

EB - Scrapper (Electrical Melee - Electric Armor)-AgelessCore.mbd EB - Scrapper (Electrical Melee - Electric Armor)-BarrierCore.mbd

I like the first one better - I know in some circles it's unpopular to build defense on a Res based character - but IMO I still do it to at least mitigate any alpha strike and beyond - depending on how long your defense holds out. 

As far as barrier vs ageless - I would get both and swap for the occasion.  With Ageless I would go radial instead of core for the increased DDR to buy your defenses a little longer - plus with Elec Armor you shouldn't have any end issues.   The only reason to go core is if you still have any end issues post 50 and you don't need the DDR.

Builds look good though!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Infinitum said:

I like the first one better - I know in some circles it's unpopular to build defense on a Res based character - but IMO I still do it to at least mitigate any alpha strike and beyond - depending on how long your defense holds out. 

As far as barrier vs ageless - I would get both and swap for the occasion.  With Ageless I would go radial instead of core for the increased DDR to buy your defenses a little longer - plus with Elec Armor you shouldn't have any end issues.   The only reason to go core is if you still have any end issues post 50 and you don't need the DDR.

Builds look good though!

I loaded out my attacks and capped-out Res on all but 2 types of damage and still was able to get max Def on Melee and S/L, not sure how else to do it. Besides you had a hand in my build education. I think it was you, maybe, but someone told me on my first toon when I focused on my primary attacks and didn't realize the importance of the secondary, that "you do zero DPS when you're dead." I learned a great deal from @Sovera the other day also. Seriously though, been so many people that's helped me...great community.

Gonna need to come up with a third build though...a hybrid of the two. The Ageless build doesn't have Power Sink and that'll be needed to shore up endurance use or loss from Mu's and Sappers etc.... Just means losing Fold Space, I think. And I could prob just leave PS at 1 slot, that'll still net me 70ish endurance leach from just 2 baddies.

Thanks!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Seriously though, been so many people that's helped me...great community.

You are doing great also - just keep asking questions. 

56 minutes ago, WuTang said:

The Ageless build doesn't have Power Sink and that'll be needed to shore up endurance use or loss from Mu's and Sappers etc.

Elec armor has built in end drain protection - it's worth retesting my memory on how good that works against Sappers, but I believe you are OK just running with ageless - and maybe if you did grab anything else - Power Sink. But it might work without it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Infinitum said:

You are doing great also - just keep asking questions. 

Elec armor has built in end drain protection - it's worth retesting my memory on how good that works against Sappers, but I believe you are OK just running with ageless - and maybe if you did grab anything else - Power Sink. But it might work without it. 

No you are right....I forgot that it has 100% end and recovery.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone know if a knockdown proc would work in Lightning Field? I had it in originally but couldn't see that it worked when I moused over the damge to see the proc %, so I swapped it out for another.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Anyone know if a knockdown proc would work in Lightning Field? I had it in originally but couldn't see that it worked when I moused over the damge to see the proc %, so I swapped it out for another.

It will. And it's funny too. lol

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Easy trick is replacing the proc for another one that does damage with the same or similar PPM. Also, while it does work it's only once every 10 seconds.

• Thanks 1