Melee Damage IOs are lacking AoE defense bonuses.

Since no one complained that the Bombardment set bonuses are close enough to Obliterations set bonuses I ask for the Multi-Strike set bonuses get ported over to a Melee Damage set somehow.

Either a whole new set, or adding dmg/end/rech to Focused Smite's set and revamping Focused Smites bonuses

• Confused 1

I am slightly confused by the premise

Bombardment 

5% range

2.25% s/l resist

7% accuracy

5% recharge

4.5% energy/negative resists

VS

obliteration

2.25 S/L resist

3% damage

9% accuracy

5% recharge

3.75% melee defense

only 2 of the bonus' match

and the order of the bonus' is different. 

the order matters a great deal btw. 

finally multistrike is a pbaoe set so

its already melee?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

You are correct that the Melee Damage sets are lacking in AoE defense bonuses (Blistering Cold/Superior Blistering Cold has a half-strength AoE defense bonus in connection with its F/C defense bonus). Several sets do have melee, ranged and S/L defense bonuses. I'm not sure this is a big issue, since AoE defense bonuses are readily available in Melee AoE sets. In addition to the bonus in Multi-Strike, there are bonuses in Eradication and Scirocco's Dervish. I'm not aware of any melee AT that uses Melee Damage sets that doesn't also use Melee AoE sets.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Category:Sets_that_improve_Area_Effect_Defense

That said, the Melee Damage and Ranged Damage sets could use a rework. Each has two lvl 10-25 sets, two lvl 15-30 sets, two lvl 20-35 sets, two lvl 25-40 sets and two lvl 30-50 sets. The lvl 10-25 and lvl 15-30 sets should simply be lvl 10-30 sets, and the lvl 20-35 and lvl 25-40 sets should simply be lvl 20-40 sets. Some of those sets could be combined, as there is little need for 4 sets at each of those level ranges.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

My take: The damage sets are (mostly) missing an Accuracy/Endurance reduction piece at level 50+, and this is where the imagination falls short.

IIRC, Multi-Strike (Melee AoE) and Calibrated Accuracy (a Snipe) are the only sets with an Acc/End piece.

• Like 1