Add Kheldian Powersets to AE?

We were given loads of new power sets with the latest update,  so probably selfish to want more, but I would still really love to have the Kheldian power sets represented. Rather than just ask, I thought I would take a stab at putting something together. Maybe, if anyone else is interested in this and we are clear on what we are looking for it can give the devs a springboard from which to explore the idea.

Some guiding principles for my initial list.

• Need a primary and secondary set for Peacebringers and Warshades
  • Should fit within Architect constraints to make it easy to add (e.g. no new category like Kheldian and kept to 9 powers)
  • Should look to existing mobs to identify powers devs already deem appropriate for an NPC (i.e. the toon AI knows what to do with it and its not overpowered for an NPC or has NPC balanced numbers already)
  • Attacks should mix melee and range
  • Should include the Nova and Dwarf forms

Where/naming

The Primaries are Luminous Blast and Umbral Blast, but because they include ranged and melee powers, they seem best to put under the Dominators "Assault" powers which do the same and model them on those. The secondaries are armors, which could fit under any armor secondary really.

Peacebringers

Luminous Assault

Using the PPD Transcended and Sunstorm for inspiration, along with the basic flow of a Dominator assault set, and no nuke it could look like this

1. Gleaming Bolt
  2. Gleaming Blast
  3. Radiant Strike
  4. Proton Scatter
  5. Luminous Detonation
  6. Inner Light
  7. Pulsar
  8. Incandescent Strike
  9. Bright Nova

Luminous Aura

With this I just picked common armors. I included Light Form as Sunstorm has it, but I think Conserve Energy may be better really.

1. Incandescence
  2. Shining Shield
  3. Essence Boost
  4. Thermal Shield
  5. Quantum Shield
  6. Reform Essence
  7. Conserve Energy
  8. Restore Essence
  9. Light Form
  10. White Dwarf

Warshades

Umbral Assault

Using Galaxy Troops and Arakhan, Romulus, and the flow of the Dark Assault set I came up with this - no nuke

1. Shadow Bolt
  2. Shadow Blast
  3. Star Punch
  4. Gravimetric Snare
  5. Sunless Mire
  6. Essence Drain
  7. Gravity Well
  8. Gravatic Emanation
  9. Dark Nova

Umbral Aura

Again focused on core armors and powers used by Galaxy troops primarily.

1. Absorption
  2. Gravity Shield
  3. Orbiting Death
  4. Penumbral Shield
  5. Twilight Shield
  6. Stygian Circle
  7. Stygian Return
  8. Eclipse
  9. Dark Dwarf

Thoughts? Are there key powers you think are worth trading out for? Are there some things in here you think should not be?

Some decisions I made 

• Neither assault has the Eye beams or the Nukes
  • Neither set has their "pets" (photon seekers are probably easy, but the unbound essence power requires targeting fallen enemies which seems unlikely to be useful, and, maybe even something the AI does not know how to do)
  • Both armors have their tier 9 Light Form/Eclipse
Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 2

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

• Ankylosaur changed the title to Add Kheldian Powersets to AE?

Wish I could contribute constructively to this, but my next powerset "want it!" are the power pools. But certainly adding the Khled stuff could spur a ton of creativity in the form of Kheld-specific stories.

Speaking of...I want the old Nictus Crystals, too.:-)

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, cranebump said:

Speaking of...I want the old Nictus Crystals, too.:-)

As in the Shadow Cyst Crystal mob? Agreed!

Would love all the Unbound Nictus added to the AE Nictus mob. They recently cleaned up the Nictus mob in AE by making the Void Hunters their own mob, but would love to have the full actual Nictus mob available. I wonder if it is that "disjoined" power they have that makes that not possible - the write up of it being "gained" when summoned by the crystal makes it sound like it may not be an issue.

I fudged unbound Nictus and Shadow Cyst Crystals for my All That Glows post-New-Praetorians-arc-Arakhn-vs-Requiem series by repurposing Storm Elementals in a custom Unbound Nictus mob surrounding the destructible object - but the real thing would be better.

(Plug:  @LordRassilon is playing the finale of that on twitch as MollyMauk76 this Monday.)

Edited by Ankylosaur

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

The most obvious to swap out for me are the "control" offense powers of Pulsar and Gravatic Emanation or the Aim powers - but in the warshades case, kind of a common/dramatic one. With Dominator assault sets, there are no nukes but this is really a blast set with the blaster secondary punches merged in.

... while we're adding them to AE, can we add the forms (including fluffy Light Form and the Nictus evil purple fluff) as contacts?

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.