Defense/resistance/mez

LKN-351

3 hours ago, Infinitum said:

That's actually the perfect approach and how most of my build templates came to be. 

Everyone has a playstyle - you are building to accommodate yours and that's a beautiful approach. 

And a buuld is never perfect - but as long as it suits your fun that's all you need. 

True.

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Some could be ... if only they would give me like 10 more slots. ...

ALSO True...

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 4/20/2024 at 11:16 AM, Zect said:

If you are unsure, then for a general-purpose build, my recommendation is at least 1 primary mit layer capped (either 45% def to all or 90% res to all on a brute)

Just curious if you'd be willing to post a build where you've managed to get 45% to all or 90% to all on any Brute combo?

Not calling you out, but I'm newish to building out top end toons and have yet to meet either of those recommendations. I don't play "star" content but regularly main tank ITF +4x8 with my SS/Inv Brute and I think 38% is my highest Def on S/L with everything else falling in the 31-32%, except for Toxic and Psi. And my resists are 90% S/L, ~65% E/NE/F/C, and T/P is lower. and I run ITF with any level 35+. I also run a combination of Hyperstrike and Infinitum SS/Inv build. But very intrigued about your builds, would love to see one for sure. I have managed to almost max out a Scrapper's Resist on 6 of the 8, almost, but he's an Ele/Ele, so it was kind of easy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Just curious if you'd be willing to post a build where you've managed to get 45% to all or 90% to all on any Brute combo?

Not calling you out, but I'm newish to building out top end toons and have yet to meet either of those recommendations. I don't play "star" content but regularly main tank ITF +4x8 with my SS/Inv Brute and I think 38% is my highest Def on S/L with everything else falling in the 31-32%, except for Toxic and Psi. And my resists are 90% S/L, ~65% E/NE/F/C, and T/P is lower. and I run ITF with any level 35+. I also run a combination of Hyperstrike and Infinitum SS/Inv build. But very intrigued about your builds, would love to see one for sure. I have managed to almost max out a Scrapper's Resist on 6 of the 8, almost, but he's an Ele/Ele, so it was kind of easy.

SR and Shield can pull off the defense softcap easily. 

Resistance Brutes would have to be Elec Dark or Rad to hit the 90 - but they aren't hitting it to all - not without a non perma buff like Rune or Melee Core.   Cap to Most is a more accurate description on Brutes - and usually all they need to be durable enough for any content. 

I think Elec will hit it to all but neg nrg and toxic.  Rad to all but cold, and Dark all but Nrg.  Without being nere a computer I may be incorrect there but back in 2019 I ran an analysis on which sets were better on Brutes vs Tankers and those three always edged out tankers easily back then.  The tanker buff narrowed that gap a good bit - probably a tad too much.   My first rnain on HC was actually a Rad/Elec Brute I ran with melee core as a panic button.  Was mostly unkillable. 

I - same as you - would like to see a build hitting 90 res to all on a brute on a perma basis.

Edited by Infinitum

Shield takes a more dedicated effort to get there than SR though. 

EA can sofrcap easy except dark and psi (and toxic)

Brute SR is the best version really.  The AOE toggle comes at 20.  So you can exemplar well.  And with scaling resists S/L can climb to 90 easily with most builds instead of 75 like on a Scrapper.

On Tankers SR numbers are mostly overkill.

11 hours ago, Infinitum said:

SR and Shield can pull off the defense softcap easily. 

Resistance Brutes would have to be Elec Dark or Rad to hit the 90 - but they aren't hitting it to all - not without a non perma buff like Rune or Melee Core.   Cap to Most is a more accurate description on Brutes - and usually all they need to be durable enough for any content. 

I think Elec will hit it to all but neg nrg and toxic.  Rad to all but cold, and Dark all but Nrg.  Without being nere a computer I may be incorrect there but back in 2019 I ran an analysis on which sets were better on Brutes vs Tankers and those three always edged out tankers easily back then.  The tanker buff narrowed that gap a good bit - probably a tad too much.   My first rnain on HC was actually a Rad/Elec Brute I ran with melee core as a panic button.  Was mostly unkillable. 

I - same as you - would like to see a build hitting 90 res to all on a brute on a perma basis.

Wish I had access to my build library.

Had some computer issues and the rig has been in the shop extraordinarily long.

If I had time I'd have rebuilt the rig myself,
Bur I DO NOT have time and may not for months.

Considering my pay,  it's ultimately cheaper to fix the system and replace problem parts by paying for it.

The lost work time would be absolutely ruinous.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

6 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Wish I had access to my build library.

Had some computer issues and the rig has been in the shop extraordinarily long.

If I had time I'd have rebuilt the rig myself,
Bur I DO NOT have time and may not for months.

Considering my pay,  it's ultimately cheaper to fix the system and replace problem parts by paying for it.

The lost work time would be absolutely ruinous.

I have brute builds that get close but still don't hit 90 to all.   We are talking 90 res to all 24/7 - and without a t9 or melee core.   Those aren't perma.