Dual boxing

I only "multibox" when I use my alt acct Farmer to PL a main acct toon.  Or use the Farmer to move products one toon to another en maaase.

I am not even sure if the way I do it is "multi boxing" because I use two separate computers.  Does this look like two separate comps, or does it look the same as multi accts on one comp client side since all from same IP address?  And if so, what if a family of 3-4 different individuals all played in the same house?  Multi boxing?  

I don't like multiboxing, too much effort.  If I do, it's usually for personal benefit and I involve no one else, such as grinding PvP zone badges (I don't think i've even seen 5 other people in any PvP zone since I came back, let alone 50).  I also drag out my multibox frequently to deal with Army of Me attempts on some characters; running that mission solo with a character running a support set is hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

I only "multibox" when I use my alt acct Farmer to PL a main acct toon.  Or use the Farmer to move products one toon to another en maaase.

I am not even sure if the way I do it is "multi boxing" because I use two separate computers.  Does this look like two separate comps, or does it look the same as multi accts on one comp client side since all from same IP address?  And if so, what if a family of 3-4 different individuals all played in the same house?  Multi boxing?  

At the bottom of the Code of Conduct section for Multiboxing:

Multiboxing Policy

We allow a basic level of multiboxing on the Homecoming servers outside of peak times. These rules apply on a shard-by-shard basis (by ‘shard’ we mean Torchbearer, Excelsior, etc).

If there are less than 1500 people logged in to a shard you may play with up to three accounts at once.

If there are more than 1500 people logged into a shard you may only play with a single account.

If you are caught multiboxing when there are between 1500 and 1600 players logged in to a shard, you will be warned and expected to log off immediately. If you ignore requests to do so your accounts will receive a 24h ban.

If you are caught multiboxing repeatedly with more than 1600 players logged in to a shard, all of your accounts will receive immediate permanent bans.

It is your responsibility to monitor server status and current player count if you wish to multibox. You can do this both on our website and in the #live-shards channel on our Discord.

An exception to this rule is Hamidon raid zones (The Hive, The Abyss) which have a limited population cap. No multiboxing is allowed in these zones. Breaking this rule may result in all of your characters being removed from the zone and short-term suspensions being issued for repeat offenders

Please note that this policy does not apply to groups of players simply playing from the same home/network. It only applies to individuals playing multiple accounts on their own.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png