Stalkers' special attack lands too slowly

Having played a Stalker for a bit, I notice that their attack ("Assassin's Staff" in my case) delivers its damage rather too late. I'm all right with them preparing the strike while hidden, but when the blow is made and the character is out of invisibility, there is a good second before damage applies. In this time most enemies get a chance to hit back, or rather hit first, once, even if they go down afterwards. That should not happen. Extend the aiming time for the execution time, if you must, even though I don't think you have to, but make the strike lightning-fast when it finally happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe that's a problem with Staff but on all the Stalkers i've played I can't recall a case where I was revealed and attacked before the slow Assassain's Strike landed.  Typically the hit is what reveals since missing doesn't break Hide.  I've seen it happen with slower attacks (Ripper, Golden Dragonfly, Mass Levitate, Greater Psi Blade, etc) as starting those attacks breaks Hide but not with Slow AS.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

5 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Maybe that's a problem with Staff but on all the Stalkers i've played I can't recall a case where I was revealed and attacked before the slow Assassain's Strike landed.  Typically the hit is what reveals since missing doesn't break Hide.  I've seen it happen with slower attacks (Ripper, Golden Dragonfly, Mass Levitate, Greater Psi Blade, etc) as starting those attacks breaks Hide but not with Slow AS.

It's not consistent, but it's happened on multiple Stalkers I've made. The Assassin strike goes off, but you're revealed before the damage is applied. Never played staff...but it happened to me on Ninja Blade, dual swords and psionic at least.

would it be possible to give hide an accuracy bonus

that is active only when hidden

much like the defense component?

there aint nothing worse than 

pop a red

pop a build up

pop a squat

wait for it

wait for it

wait for it

whiff...............

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

would it be possible to give hide an accuracy bonus

that is active only when hidden

much like the defense component?

there aint nothing worse than 

pop a red

pop a build up

pop a squat

wait for it

wait for it

wait for it

whiff...............

Wouldn't really help. Because of the 95% hit chance clamp, there will always be a chance to whiff. And RNG often likes to play in the 95.01 to 100% range when you're counting on hitting in my experience.

I think I've seen this on a stalker or two, something about the activation time of the attack vs. them being allowed to notice and react the very split second you activate it; they see you instantly and react while your activation time clock is still running down to apply the damage.  I think I've seen this on other stealthed characters too, non-stalkers, so I'm not sure this is just a stalker issue. 

I don't think I've ever noticed it when doing the classic "walk up in Hide, stand back to quiver for a second as you ready and then land the AS" attacking though, so my guess is that this is WAI.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝