The rest of what I want, all in one place: Spear, Whip, voice sets

1) A Spear power set.

2) A proper set for the Whip, with customizable appearance: whip, lash, barbed wire, chain, rope, poi, morningstar... It could focus on circle attacks, tripping enemies up, sending them spinning and jerking them close. I have made a Mastermind with Demon Summoning who won't take any demons, just pick the powers for the whip. But it would be good to have an entire set.

3) Several voice sets to choose from for both sexes. They only require a few sounds each: grunts for jumping, for collapsing, for kata, not many more. This should be a sufficient variety: Child/Thin, Young Male A, Young Male B, Gruff, Raspy/Old, Supernatural Whoosh, Supernatural Undead, Beast, Automaton, Robot and Mute. Because when Mak Men of the Fifth Column fall with a gasp, that's silly.

Edited by temnix

12 minutes ago, temnix said:

2) A proper set for the Whip, with customizable appearance: whip, lash, barbed wire, chain, rope, poi, morningstar... It could focus on circle attacks, tripping enemies up, sending them spinning and jerking them close. I have made a Mastermind with Demon Summoning who won't take any demons, just pick the powers for the whip. But it would be good to have an entire set.

The Live devs set out to make this. They couldn't. That's why we have the Demon Summoning set with its whip attacks that don't interact with the target.

13 minutes ago, temnix said:

1) A Spear power set.

Technically that can be covered by adding actual spears to the Staff Fighting set.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to address spear power set.
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1

11 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Technically that can be covered by adding actual spears to the Staff Fighting set.

Ehh... depends on what the OP wants.

If you're just looking at stabbing, etc. with a spear? Yeah, sort of. If they're looking at a mix of melee and range (thrown spears,) basically describing an Assault set, not so much. (Essentially ... *roughly* the "javazon" from D2.)

Though my mind, of course, goes "wait, if you're fighting/blocking with a long spear... what if it breaks?" and immediately, well...

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Can you imagine how bad the recharge times would be for a spear set?

1. Throw spear

2. Run over and pick up spear (recharge)

3. Get back into position (also recharge)

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Can you imagine how bad the recharge times would be for a spear set?

1. Throw spear

2. Run over and pick up spear (recharge)

3. Get back into position (also recharge)

Spears weren't typically thrown as best I know. They were your main weapon, like any other pole arm. They could be thrown, but they were wielded as two-handed melee weapons unless you were also using a shield.

16 hours ago, Rudra said:

Spears weren't typically thrown as best I know. They were your main weapon, like any other pole arm. They could be thrown, but they were wielded as two-handed melee weapons unless you were also using a shield.

So……staff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1