are these mids numbers correct?

Snarky

Okay... What am I missing?  I know they buffed Sentinel damage a while back.  But the MiDs numbers I am seeing do not make sense. Unenhanced MiDs values:

Blaster     Sentinel

Dark Blast           62.56       61.17

Gloom                110.1       107.7

Umbral Torrent   60.06        58.72

Abyssal Gaze      132.7       129.7

Life Drain            102.6       100.3

Blackstar             250.2       194.6

Am I being catfished by MiDs?  These are fresh open no hidden buttons clicked "naked" MiDs numbers....     

Yes, these numbers are correct, as we can verify in City of Data. Which part is surprising?

Were you expecting a larger gap between the two? If that's the case, most of the gap between Blaster and Sent comes from these factors: 

• Blasters get way more melee attacks (Sents only get 1 in their epics) and the game favors melee over ranged
  • Most of the Sentinel sniper replacement powers are a bit weaker DPA-wise than their Blaster quicksnipe counterparts (Zapping Bolt is actually stronger than Zap but that's an outlier)
  • Blasters get a stacking damage buff from Defiance
  • Lower target caps on most AOE powers

Edited by FupDup
  • Thanks 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

2 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Yes, these numbers are correct, as we can verify in City of Data. Which part is surprising?

Were you expecting a larger gap between the two? If that's the case, most of the gap between Blaster and Sent comes from these factors: 

• Blasters get way more melee attacks (Sents only get 1 in their epics) and the game favors melee over ranged
  • Most of the Sentinel sniper replacement powers are a bit weaker DPA-wise than their Blaster quicksnipe counterparts (Zapping Bolt is actually stronger than Zap but that's an outlier)
  • Blasters get a stacking damage buff from Defiance
  • Lower target caps on most AOE powers

Well.... I NEVER take melee Blaster powers.  My "easy mode" Blaster is an AR Dev lol.  Thing is a trench sweeper.  

Yes, I was expecting Corr (or gulp less) damage with no Scourge.  

How does the ATO Opportunity work now?  Isn't that gone from Sentinels?  

6 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Well.... I NEVER take melee Blaster powers.  My "easy mode" Blaster is an AR Dev lol.  Thing is a trench sweeper.  

Yes, I was expecting Corr (or gulp less) damage with no Scourge.  

How does the ATO Opportunity work now?  Isn't that gone from Sentinels?  

Opportunity Strikes just gives you a little bit of +Opportunity when it triggers, which means you get to have a bit higher uptime on your inherent clicky. Specifically, the purple version gives you +10. 

It's an okay proc but it's not going to be a gamechanger. Really the main reason to slot it is for the set bonuses that the set gives you. If you don't want or need the bonuses then it's entirely optional. Sentinel ATO procs are comparable to Brute ATOs in this way. 

Edited by FupDup
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Sentinel T9s have shorter recharge than the blaster versions (90s vs. 145s), which explains the larger difference in damage. Many of the sentinel T9s (including Blackstar) have 2 radii, with higher damage inside a 10 ft radius and lower damage between 10 ft and 20 ft.

The new Opportunity click is easy to forget, and not a game- changer. It does make a difference on a target, particularly at the +3/+4 difficulties because it is Unresistable. On a team its easy to see it work, too. 

Since the Sentinel bump I've been pretty stoked to play them. No Aim+BU combo and lower target caps does hamper how much of a spawn goes bye-bye over time, but a good Sentinel is a meat grinder. Speaking from elec/ea, elec/bio, and dark/rad.

Posted (edited)

The main difference is the +dam of Defiance that stacks on Blasters.  Even with Opportunity factored on sentinels, the average damage in missions statistically works out that a blaster will be doing more damage to more mobs consistently.

Edited by Sanguinesun

On 4/28/2024 at 12:07 AM, Snarky said:

Am I being catfished by MiDs?  These are fresh open no hidden buttons clicked "naked" MiDs numbers....     

Not in this case but increasingly, its becoming a statistical mess.  So many things are inaccurate on it and always I have to double check with live game when there are questionable numbers and descriptions... as well as tedious testing on the beta server. Sadly too, city of data sometimes can have discrepancies as well but not with the sheer volume of discrepancies as mids can have.   

• Thumbs Up 1