Peacebringer Knockback to Knockdown

Zeonura

There seems to be a bug with Peacebringer powers that when you slot them with either of the KB to Knockdown enhancements, it doesn't seem to work.

Aside from the fact that it's only affecting Peacebringer powers, the rest of the enhancement (such as with Overwhelming Force, or with the set bonuses of either Overwhelming Force or Sudden Acceleration) seems to work just fine.

• 7 months later
  • 2 weeks later
On 2/2/2020 at 2:50 PM, mshake said:

Complete Sudden Acceleration in Dawn Strike and it still does Knockback.  Would really like to get this bug fixed.

There has to be something else at play here. I have Sudden Acceleration in my Dawn Strike (and all other KB AoEs) and none of them knock back...not even when used against Clockwork, who usually still knock back even when hit with a knock down. So I am not sure what is causing your issue, but it's something outside the parameters of the IO. I would start checking on all your other IO's and see if any of the other set bonuses actually increase KB. Let me know, this bug interests me.

• 2 weeks later
On 6/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, Zeonura said:

There seems to be a bug with Peacebringer powers that when you slot them with either of the KB to Knockdown enhancements, it doesn't seem to work.

Aside from the fact that it's only affecting Peacebringer powers, the rest of the enhancement (such as with Overwhelming Force, or with the set bonuses of either Overwhelming Force or Sudden Acceleration) seems to work just fine.

Just checking - how many kb>I'd enhancements are you using? There's a limit of five and more than that and they don't work.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 2/23/2020 at 4:17 PM, mshake said:

My apologies.  I got it slightly wrong.  I have the Overwhelming Force in Dawn Strike and it still does Knockback.  Granted, it has the same "change KB to KD" as Sudden Acceleration, but yeah, it's technically a different set.

Isn't that a "chance" to knock down? I could be wrong, but I am thinking the overwhelming Force acts a bit differently that Sudden Acceleration. I am pretty sure that is why I stopped using Overwhelming Force and Sudden Acceleration is my go-to for KB to KD. Try getting rid of the Overwhelming Force and swap it with Sudden Acceleration and see if that doesn't work better for you.

2 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

Just checking - how many kb>I'd enhancements are you using? There's a limit of five and more than that and they don't work.

I am not speaking for him, but most PB players only use KB to KD in their AoE's and Cone attacks. I personally don't waste my time putting them in single target attacks.

17 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Isn't that a "chance" to knock down? I could be wrong, but I am thinking the overwhelming Force acts a bit differently that Sudden Acceleration. I am pretty sure that is why I stopped using Overwhelming Force and Sudden Acceleration is my go-to for KB to KD. Try getting rid of the Overwhelming Force and swap it with Sudden Acceleration and see if that doesn't work better for you.

I'm pretty sure it is a chance, also.

50 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

It may say that in the description, but it never fails me. Really. Works every time.

Hmm, that IS interesting, then. I wonder how we can get confirmation that it's 100% and description wrong, or chance? If itsb100%, is that a bug or intended? Maybe a Dev can tell us the intent?

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

Hmm, that IS interesting, then. I wonder how we can get confirmation that it's 100% and description wrong, or chance? If itsb100%, is that a bug or intended? Maybe a Dev can tell us the intent?

I am equally curious.

3 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

I'm pretty sure it is a chance, also.

Neither Overwhelming Force nor Sudden Acceleration have RNG on their KB to KD, they both apply a blanket KB reduction to the power. What might be happening with Overwhelming Force is that if the power's KB magnitude is just under 1 after the reduction, the KD proc triggering might push it back over 1, turning the KD back into KB.

The two of you seeing different behaviors on the same power is odd, but if one of you has other KD enhancements in the power or has KD set bonuses (are those even a thing?), that might do it.

Edited by nzer

45 minutes ago, nzer said:

Neither Overwhelming Force nor Sudden Acceleration have RNG on their KB to KD, they both apply a blanket KB reduction to the power. What might be happening with Overwhelming Force is that if the power's KB magnitude is just under 1 after the reduction, the KD proc triggering might push it back over 1, turning the KD back into KB.

The two of you seeing different behaviors on the same power is odd, but if one of you has other KD enhancements in the power or has KD set bonuses (are those even a thing?), that might do it.

Have you read the power description?

And, where are you getting the 100% chance info from? I'm curious.

6 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Not getting it from the info, getting it from player experience. I made a video, uploading it soon, give me a bit to post it and I will show you why I say 100% chance.

42 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Of what, Overwhelming Force? Yes, the description is "Provides a 20% chance to cause Knockdown to your targets, enhances the damage of a power by 26.5%, and converts any Knockback this power deals into Knockdown. Some powers may have their chance to Knockdown reduced when this enhancement is slotted. This enhancement also has a penchant for the dramatic..."

That says it does three things:

• Provides a 20% chance to cause knockdown to your targets
  • Enhances the damage of the power by 26.5%
  • Converts any Knockback the power deals into Knockdown

The chance only applies to the KD, not to the KB to KD.

51 minutes ago, nzer said:

Of what, Overwhelming Force? Yes, the description is "Provides a 20% chance to cause Knockdown to your targets, enhances the damage of a power by 26.5%, and converts any Knockback this power deals into Knockdown. Some powers may have their chance to Knockdown reduced when this enhancement is slotted. This enhancement also has a penchant for the dramatic..."

That says it does three things:

• Provides a 20% chance to cause knockdown to your targets
  • Enhances the damage of the power by 26.5%
  • Converts any Knockback the power deals into Knockdown

The chance only applies to the KD, not to the KB to KD.

So I wonder, if the 20% chance fires, does that stack with the conversion, pushing it over 1.0 and causing KB instead of KD?

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

So I wonder, if the 20% chance fires, does that stack with the conversion, pushing it over 1.0 and causing KB instead of KD?

Yeah, that's what I was saying before. If you're still seeing KB, I imagine that would have to be why.