'bots MM - newly saved costume giving "invalid parts" because of rifle

So, looking at one of my bots MMs, I noticed they were all marked as invalid. Wanted to change colors on them anyway, so I went in to fix it.

Nothing *looked* invalid, changed the colors, saved the costume. (All slots on this one currently have the same costume.)

Went to load it on another character - invalid part , it doesn't have access to part (13, right weapon) - the Shard Cannon. (Which it shows properly in the preview.) Costume fix changes the weapon to the default old-AR weapon.

I can switch it back, but it's apparently using (I'd assume) the old location or an invalid location in the save file for the gun - I'm assuming from an update.

.costume file has it listed thusly:

CostumePart ""
{
    Fx WEAPONS/Custom_AssaultRifle/Fem_AssaultRifle_Shard_Cannon_01.fx
    Geometry None
    Texture1 None
    Texture2 None
    DisplayName P2098554993
    RegionName Weapons
    BodySetName Weapons
    Color1  255,  169,  0
    Color2  255,  103,  28
    Color3  255,  169,  0
    Color4  255,  103,  28
}

broken-mastermind-gun.costume

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 2 weeks later

I've encountered the same issue.  The influence sink isn't a huge issue, but it has rendered some of my costumes unusable - the "click to try to fix" button fails to fix the issue even to the point of putting the legacy rifle in place so that I can then go fix it (again).

• Developer

We're aware of this and looking into it.

This one has been hard to pin down, there's a lot of costume pieces and weapons that do it, but it is not immediately apparent what the commonality is between them that's triggering the problem in the first place.

This will involve some reverse engineering on why the check passes committing a costume, but fails loading it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

Thank you for the reply.  I can only speak for myself, but I'm happy to help with the troubleshooting to the limits of my ability.  I've been doing SQL Server software development for quite a while, so I understand how tedious that process can be.  Feel free to contact me directly if I can assist.

Another data point: The final three rifle choices in the Assault Mastery set (for Blasters) do not appear on the costume when selected in the costume creator. One of these IIRC is teh Shard Cannon.