Excellent military costume additions with Page 7

If folks weren't aware, there were some fantastic new military-flavored costume additions added in Page 7, Issue 27:

Spoiler
  • Head > Half Helmets > Helmets > "Modern Beret"
  • Head > Half Helmets > Helmets > "ACH Helmet Tintable 1"
  • Head > Half Helmets > Helmets > "ACH Helmet Tintable 2"
  • Head > Half Helmets > Helmets > "ACH Helmet 1-8"
  • Head > Half Helmets > Helmet Detail 1 > "Modern Beret Flash"
  • Head > Half Helmets > Helmet Detail 2 > "Modern Beret Detail 1-13"

So now instead of that unsat beret headcover from legacy or a goofy helmet from yesteryears, players can finally live out their fantasy as an action hero in full regalia! You can find them in the Half-Helmet section instead of the Hat section (I'm sure there was some sort of technical reason for this). Hopefully on the next go around, they add an O6 (Colonel/Captain) rank to the Head > Half Helmets > Helmet Detail 2 > "Modern Beret Detail 1-13"

BEFORE

image.jpeg.26eaef956dcb8d6cacf9c540cb1cc080.jpeg Soup sandwich

image.jpeg.ec060f9682fe60715f4ceea0fd7f42f3.jpeg Nice watermelon, Solider!

AFTER

image.jpeg.1fe868c3cc4b228a9e763f895f14377a.jpeg Modern Beret, Beret Flash, Bald, (No Rank)

image.jpeg.1c9b87c76e3bce400773c40482497970.jpeg Modern Beret, Beret Flash, Buzz Cut (No Rank)

image.jpeg.519e12bbbe37155bc5b749d626210e65.jpeg Modern Beret, Beret Flash, In-regulation hair length, O-10.

image.jpeg.eca228f3c4698fd88809d6801264c5d6.jpeg 

And finally, the Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH) Helmet [as described in game, a bit duplicative to call it a helmet helmet], with 8(!) other camo patterns for your nostalgia needs!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Heck yeah, thank you devs!

I hope it's in the cards to get those excellent ACH camo patterns (ESPECIALLY the tintable ones) proliferated onto the military style pants, jacket, coat, and sleeves.

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

I'm actually really impressed with the accuracy of these costume models. The author(s?) clearly have an understanding of U.S. military uniform accoutrements. I know some folks asked for these specific items, I think @Oubliette_Red at one point had a costume request for one item. And the fact that the Modern Beret is colorable, the ranks are also. Good stuff!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm actually really impressed with the accuracy of these costume models. The author(s?) clearly have an understanding of U.S. military uniform accoutrements. I know some folks asked for these specific items, I think @Oubliette_Red at one point had a costume request for one item. And the fact that the Modern Beret is colorable, the ranks are also. Good stuff!

Yep, that was me. I noticed the beret right after it was added, but not the helmet until last week sometime. Indeed, a much appreciated addition to the costume creator. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I also was impressed but will repeat my comment about too many SFG logos .  The US Navy Mobile Riverine Force were the first to wear Black berets which I recommended the add the logo form.  I also mentioned Marine Raider logo and maybe even PPD and Vanguard logos.  But yeah well crafted.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I like how with two of the berets, you're either fresh out of basic/AIT or a four-star Ranger general (which doesn't exist, highest is COL commanding the 75th Ranger Regiment).   Unless, of course, things have changed since I left the Army.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RelativeQuanta said:

I like how with two of the berets, you're either fresh out of basic/AIT or a four-star Ranger general (which doesn't exist, highest is COL commanding the 75th Ranger Regiment).   Unless, of course, things have changed since I left the Army.

Yes, I took the liberty (ha see what I did there!) of showing the contrast between what is possible. Players are free to make their characters Enlisted Soldiers or Warrant Officers (they have a few ranks for the beret flash). Really the whole point of my post is to show how many more options are available to players now.

• Like 1