Mission help please?

One thing about this game puzzles me when it comes to missions. Some are straightforward. You click on the mission info and a tracker will tell you where to go. But in some missions, this is not the case. Last night I got a mission to rescue a senator and 7 other people. Took the transport to the zone. I ran around all over this zone trying to find where it was. The mission tracker gave me nothing and to make it worse it's a timed mission. What was I supposed to do because I was clueless?

4 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Did you need to board a train?

This was my guess as well.

OP, if you were in an outdoor zone you got to by boarding the train, it was probably an instanced zone.  That means you are the only one in it along with enemies and objectives.  Often past this point you are not given waypoints on the map.  Depends on the mission.  But quite often you are meant to search for the objectives whether they are people to rescue, objects to click on, or specific enemies to defeat.  

If it's a large outdoor zone and you would rather not hunt at street level, buy a jetpack from a START vendor (if you don't have a fly power already) and search the map from the air for your targets.  If you're lucky, your targets will all have some generic name like "hostage" or "citizen" or something to do with the mission.  If that's the case, you can make a macro button to help you search.  type...

/macro FIND targetcustomnext hostage

Or replace "hostage" with some name or part of a name you find on one of these mission objective people.  This puts a button called FIND on your power bar which you can press and it will automatically target someone with that name if they are in your field of view and not too far away.  You can fly around banging away at this button and it might help locate objectives.  But it does rely on you knowing what they are called.  Helps to find one.  But if the mission, e.g. says "Find five scientists" then you can usually just use the word "scientist" in that macro and it will find them.   If you're unlucky, they will all have been given individual names, and this won't work.

But it's worth a try especially on the big maps.  Indoor maps are usually a lot less trouble to search through, but even those can sometimes have little rooms that are easy to overlook when you're searching.  Worst comes to worst, you can try asking in /lfg channel for help searching and invite more people.

• Thanks 2

And just to clarify one of the confusing aspects:

Sounds like you used Team Transport to get to the mission?   In the case of the "Board Transit" missions, that will pop you into the mission most of the time from where you are.  (I think there's some variance if mixed alignments are on the team)

The other way to get to those missions is: Any Train entrance, or Ferry Entrance, and in most cases, from the Ouro Exits.  (the back one that leads to the Echos also works for this)

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, wmtyrance said:

I did board the train and the mission zone was listed at the top. But once I got there no tracker where to go.

Those are open maps. You won't get way-points for hostage rescues. You'll find them in various corners of alleyways and hiding around weird architecture. They'll always be guarded by two minions. The boss will be just standing around somewhere.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1 hour ago, Frostbiter said:

Those are open maps. You won't get way-points for hostage rescues. You'll find them in various corners of alleyways and hiding around weird architecture. They'll always be guarded by two minions. The boss will be just standing around somewhere.

I see now. All of you guys thank you for your help.

• Thumbs Up 1