Hamis and "unenhanceable" powers

Do Hamis no longer work on powers like Active Defense to increase the DDR?  They used to be able to enhance things that couldn't be slotted, like Defense in Active Defense.

If a power cannot be slotted with a "common" IO of a particular attribute, than the portion of any Hami-O (or D-Sync) that would normally enhance that attribute is wasted in that power.

In contrast: Most(*1) powers that can accept types of enhancement sets and the enhancement set contains a piece with enhances an attribute that could otherwise not be slotted with a common IO, will be enhanced. A commonly misunderstood slotting suggestion is that putting Hami-O Membranes (+Defense / +ToHit / Recharge) in a power like Mind Link will improve the Recharge times, it will not. The ToHit and Defense buffs will be enhanced. However slotting Adjusted Targeting's (a ToHit buff set) Recharge piece will enhance the recharge.

(*1) Some powers, such as Rune of Protection, have been coded to ignore Recharge, so even though it can be slotted with Recharge pieces from Resistance sets, those won't improve recharge times.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Tankshock said:

Hole crap, live?  Am I that out of date?

We all are, my friend!  There have been so many things changed/added over (gulp) 20 years that there is absolutely nothing wrong with not knowing when it got changed.

I do fondly remember putting Centrioles in Headsplitter.  That range increase was noticeable and kind of hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

17 minutes ago, Tankshock said:

So Fold Space *would* work with any combination of End/Rech/ToHit?

Fold Space has no ToHit attribute, so the +ToHit in the enhancement would do nothing. What you want is an HO/DSync with Acc & Rech.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I suppose it is worth noting that the attribute Enhancement values of a "triple" HO (at 50, or combined up) may still be better than a dual-attribute piece from another piece at level 50 (or boosted to +5).

I agree that Fold Space probably ought to get Accuracy before Endurance Reduction.

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 6:58 AM, Tankshock said:

Hole crap, live?  Am I that out of date?

It was changed in Issue 22, which was released about 8 months before the game shut down. The behavior you’re describing (which also let you do things like put Membranes in Mind Link and Vengeance, or Centrioles in Thermal/Sonic shields) was around for a long time and many people don’t know that it ever got changed.

Edited by macskull
  • Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

51 minutes ago, macskull said:

It was changed in Issue 22, which was released about 8 months before the game shut down. The behavior you’re describing (which also let you do things like put Membranes in Mind Link and Vengeance, or Centrioles in Thermal/Sonic shields) was around for a long time and many people don’t know that it ever got changed.

The one I remember, which was fixed several years earlier, allowed defense debuff enhancements (which are Schedule A) to work in defense powers (which are Schedule B). For example, you could slot Cytoskeletons in Invincibility. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 5/9/2024 at 10:03 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I do fondly remember putting Centrioles in Headsplitter.  That range increase was noticeable and kind of hilarious.

Reminds me of when I had about a 25 foot range on Bone Smasher and Total Focus using Centrioles in each power and then using Boost Range on my Fire/EM PvP blaster. People used to say Hacks in Broadcast and accuse me of cheating. But at the time Centrioles could get the range up to around 16 feet and then boost range was about a 60% increase on that.

That didn't last long until melee attacks couldn't benefit from range buffs anymore.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1