Acrobatics - able to slot knockback enhancements but not ios

• Zappalina changed the title to Acrobatics - able to slot knockback enhancements but not ios

Hi, that it's able to take kb enhancements yet it has no kb powers in itself - are you thinking that it will enhance knockback on all powers that are knockback? like on storm it increases the KB that storm can do?

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Zappalina said:

Hi, that it's able to take kb enhancements yet it has no kb powers in itself - are you thinking that it will enhance knockback on all powers that are knockback? like on storm it increases the KB that storm can do?

I'm not sure what you mean. Acrobatics provides knockback protection. It accepts knockback enhancements. What is the bug?

Edit: Acrobatics provides 9 points of knockback protection, 2 of which are enhanceable and affected by buffs. By slotting a knocking enhancement in Acrobatics, a player can further increase the amount of knockback protection provided by Acrobatics. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Acrobatics provides knockback protection. It accepts knockback enhancements. What is the bug?

image.png.d242e0c9ea46e438565663c37cf86781.png

As I think - this is what is able to be slotted in acrobatics currently in the game, can you explain how acrobatics provides this knockback? as acrobatics, it is a toggle power that is supposed to protect from knockback (reference: first post, the screenshot third one down) yet currently allows knockback enhancements - which I am providing a screen shot of what a knockback enhancement - enhances. I am not sure what you are not understanding (I do not need to know please don't bother), but I have reported what I feel is a bug, I am sure that it will be addressed if the team also thinks it's a bug.

Thanks.

Edited by Zappalina

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

2 minutes ago, Zappalina said:

image.png.d242e0c9ea46e438565663c37cf86781.png

As I think - this is what is able to be slotted in acrobatics currently in the game, can you explain how acrobatics provides this knockback? as acrobatics, it is a toggle power that is supposed to protect from knockback (reference: first post, the screenshot third one down) yet currently allows knockback enhancements - which I am providing a screen shot of what a knockback enhancement - enhances. I am not sure what you are not understanding (I do not need to know please don't bother), but I have reported what I feel is a bug, I am sure that it will be addressed if the team also thinks it's a bug.

Thanks.

Okay, thanks. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zappalina said:

Thanks.

As per the screenshot in the OP, what it is enhancing is the 2 points of enhance-able KB protection. So the KB enhancement enhanced the 2 points of KB protection to 2.66 points of KB protection.

Edit: As for why it doesn't take KB sets? (Because it does take KB IOs.) My guess is because the sets also enhance damage and accuracy, two things that don't apply to Acrobatics.

Edit again: And as for why it accepts KB enhancements at all? Because it has 2 points of KB protection that can be enhanced and there isn't a separate enhancement type for KB protection. So yes, it does have a KB component to enhance, it just happens to be a negative value component.

Edited by Rudra

Does any other knockback protection power accept knockback enhancements to increase the protection?  Bug or not it's a bit of an anomaly for sure.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

34 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Does any other knockback protection power accept knockback enhancements to increase the protection?  Bug or not it's a bit of an anomaly for sure.

I don't think any other KB protection power has enhance-able KB protection.

For whatever reason, in Issue 12 Acrobatics was reduced from a static 100 points of knockback protection to 9 points, two of which are enhanceable and affected by buffs. Maybe they were proliferating set bonuses and Invention Origin enhancements that provided the protection in abundance. 

On 5/12/2024 at 12:34 AM, Glacier Peak said:

For whatever reason, in Issue 12 Acrobatics was reduced from a static 100 points of knockback protection to 9 points, two of which are enhanceable and affected by buffs. Maybe they were proliferating set bonuses and Invention Origin enhancements that provided the protection in abundance. 

I believe during the Issue 12 beta, we were told something like "in retrospect, this is basically complete KB immunity and we should have never had it be that high" and so they reduced it to be less than the KB protection Melee ATs got, but players wanted it to be higher as it required more investment, and so the resolution of the back and forth was the situation we have now, where 2 out of the 9 points of KB protection are enhanceable with KB enhancements, even though no other power works that way. The whole issue was full of tweaks to KB, like adding PvP suppression, as well as being the issue where all versions of Power Boost's had KB enhancement removed from the buffs they provided.

For the OP, it is not a bug that Acrobatics accepts KB enhancements, but as far as I know it is intended behavior that Acrobatics does not accept KB IO sets. KB IO sets were added in Issue 11, and the change to Acrobatics was done in Issue 12; if Acrobatics was intended to accept KB IO sets, it could have accepted them from the beginning, but doesn't. I'm sure there was even a dev post explaining that they wouldn't work in Acrobatics, but it's likely lost as it would have been on the original beta forums.

• Thanks 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚