The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Radiation Blast, Why is it good for using proc enh?

All Radiation Blast attacks have the defense debuff secondary effect and thus take Defense Debuff and Accurate Defense Debuff sets. Those include a good number of procs, including the Achilles Heel Resistance Debuff proc. Additionally, Radiation Blas has both Ranged AoE and PB AoE attacks, and can thus take two additional Resistance Debuff procs (in different powers). The upshot is that there are more options for procs in Radiation Blast than in sets with less useful secondary effects, as well as the fairly unusual abillity to slot three different Resistance Debuff procs, which can significantly boost your damage output.

Radiation blast is far from unique in this ability, but is still better than average in its proc choices.

• 2 weeks later
Posted (edited)

Hello, sorry for my english 🙂

I was looking for a combo that we don't come across often, so I'm currently putting together a rad/invul.

Fom level 10 I equipped it with -res achilles heel, + the -res proc in the zone attack. I have in my pocket all the unique IO (+end, +res, +def...), and the complete AT sets. it's currently 31, I find the animations a little slow, but with the proc the damage is not so bad, invul does the job well. This is a character who will do his job correctly, and will provide support to his team with def/res debuffs. I need to look into a build I think!

Edited by dinatar
  • Thumbs Up 1

I couldn't make it do good damage even with quadruple procs in each attack. It's slow to animate and nowadays we can't even rely on Defensive opportunity (since it has been removed) for endurance to do the quadruple proc approach.

8 hours ago, Celtic Dagger said:

Does it still function if you slot it regularly? Like no props and just set bonuses?

Why wouldn't it?

Yes, Radiation Blast does generally work okay without proc bombing. The gap between procs and no procs is a bit bigger on this set than most because of how many procs it can load up, but you can still play most content viably enough just using a defensive set-bonus build too. Some enemies with high energy resists like the new Council might take a little longer to put down however. 

• Thanks 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh