Instanced MSR

Ukase

Just out of curiosity - why are people staging MSRs from their sg base? Recruiting tool? It really is inconvenient. Why not ouro or pocket d or even echo plaza? 

Short answer is "I don't know" but I'm curious what others say. I'll speak to why I form them out of RWZ instead of Ouro, Pocket D, or Echo Plaza.

Lauci convinced me to run only instanced MSRs anymore, and really they are more convenient as a leader even with the invite bugs. I form them out of RWZ mainly for the access to Levantera, the availability of Rikti to earn the Member of Vanguard badge, and the ability to get a last second HVAS. But, the zone will usually fill before the league does so I end up recruiting through the pylon phase. That's not bad except I sometimes can't invite people for open slots because of the aforementioned bugs - usually just a couple at most.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

19 hours ago, Ukase said:

Just out of curiosity - why are people staging MSRs from their sg base? Recruiting tool? It really is inconvenient. Why not ouro or pocket d or even echo plaza? 

Last I checked, you can't form co-op teams while in a SG base, so more than inconvenient.

On 6/10/2024 at 3:32 AM, Ukase said:

There are evidently competing communities of playersr.....

Edited by Sanguinesun

One thought - an annoying thing that happens when 2 or more iTrials are forming in Ouro is people will zone in and broadcast "invite for the trial" leaving us leaders to metaphorically exchange glances with each other as to who should invite them. You get around that if people are going to a base. If they show up in the base, it's safe to assume they want in whatever you are forming.

Edited by Oklahoman
  • Like 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

Fair enough. 
On retail, MSRs would from in RWZ. 
iTrials would form up in Pocket D and Dark Astoria. They only started forming up in Ouro because of Luna. (that's my thinking anyway) 

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. I was just curious (and a bit annoyed at having to type out someone's code to participate when they could have easily gone to some other co-op zone.) 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Ukase said:

Fair enough. 
On retail, MSRs would from in RWZ. 
iTrials would form up in Pocket D and Dark Astoria. They only started forming up in Ouro because of Luna. (that's my thinking anyway) 

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. I was just curious (and a bit annoyed at having to type out someone's code to participate when they could have easily gone to some other co-op zone.) 

I've pretty much made the choice to not join the ones run from SG bases for that reason(and others since its 2 specific groups that tend to do this nonsense).

On 6/9/2024 at 2:32 PM, Ukase said:

I've started running my MSR's from our SG base because it solves a couple problems - 

1. I don't need to worry about people not being able to get into the zone (RWZ)
2. We still have easy access to and from RWZ (and buying HVAS) via portals
3. I don't need to compete with cross chat from other people trying to run their things in the same spaces (fire farms in PD, iTrials in Ouro, etc)

Number 3 is a big one for me, there was so much cross chat one of the times I tried to form one, I had no clue who was there for my event who wasn't.

• Like 3

spacer.png  Peacebringer Wispur 

I form in the SG base for a multitude of reasons ❤️

1 - Allows me to get a full league before we leave (Unlike zones like RWZ)
2 - Portals to each other zone so it takes 5 seconds to grab a HVAS or get your 2x xp modifer
3 - You can form co op teams in there so not really a downside.

Without wanting to come across as hostile, you just need to copy and paste the code posted in the advert? I wouldn't of thought that was too high a barrier (Though people often struggle to press the green enter button 🤣)

• Like 3

On 6/9/2024 at 2:32 PM, Ukase said:

Tbh as someone who leads everything from 4star content to iTrials to raids, some people complain about being asked to go anywhere. 

You don’t have to join the MSRs but it’s really not any more inconvenient than going to echo plaza. Hell people complain about even being asked to go to echo plaza. Leaders will form where they are most comfortable forming and if you don’t want to go there, then don’t. Plenty of other content, leads, or other things that will be more to your taste 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Queen of the Warshades.

Maya is....... and other Maya like toons Inc. | Excelsior

She/Her

55 minutes ago, Mayaedits said:

Tbh as someone who leads everything from 4star content to iTrials to raids, some people complain about being asked to go anywhere. 

You don’t have to join the MSRs but it’s really not any more inconvenient than going to echo plaza. Hell people complain about even being asked to go to echo plaza. Leaders will form where they are most comfortable forming and if you don’t want to go there, then don’t. Plenty of other content, leads, or other things that will be more to your taste 

Yeah, I am guilty of being overly obtuse. I now see the flaws in my thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

I've pretty much made the choice to not join the ones run from SG bases for that reason(and others since its 2 specific groups that tend to do this nonsense).

Well, I don't think it's nonsense now that I grasp the why. But when I didn't, I was a bit like a brat who mocked what he didn't understand. If I'd just thought about the zone cap, that would have been enough. Now that Lady Grey is a bit more popular, stands to reason the cap is going to get reached sooner, preventing folks from getting there. 

It's just not something I thought about. 

• Like 3