Add a customizable projectile option to firearms

There are a wide variety of options for customizing the weapon you carry for Assault Rifle, Dual Pistols, etc., but the actual shot doesn't have anything -- and some of the weapons just cry out to have some sort of easily-visible projectile being fired. It would be nice if powersets like Assault Rifle and Dual Pistols had light/dark options for power customization where your shot would send a small colorable projectile downrange at your target, instead of or in addition to the existing vortex trail.

Been a while since I played, but can you even See what's being shot? I'm not sure the game has the resolution to even do that without messing with a lot of things.

• Banjo 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

15 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Been a while since I played, but can you even See what's being shot? I'm not sure the game has the resolution to even do that without messing with a lot of things.

It vanishes among the effectspam if you're on a team, but when you're solo, with Dual Pistols you can see a trail of 'disturbed air' behind standard shots, but there's no real visible projectile:

Pistol1std.png.5d2c3d6b8bfd4798fb6eff62c88d287b.png

With one of the Swap Ammo options active -- Fire, Ice, or Corrosive -- there is a more visible effect with a projectile, but the projectile is understated for Corrosive; all you get is the toxic trail:

Pistol2fire.png.f42caf727da1a8e970c57d42b5699e97.pngPistol3ice.png.a480a57a19559e3b5ca230b7489bde56.pngPistol4corr.png.179721209f9b8f0a29dbf1a27ada9b67.png

With the other gun powersets, you don't have the extra visibility of the Swap Ammo options, so you're left with the barely visible bullet trail. But depending on your character concept, it may be more fitting to have your weapons fire, say, a bright green 'magic bullet', or an extended bolt like you see with the blasters in Star Wars -- a bright shot that extends for a few feet as it flies to your target, but not a line drawn all the way from you to your target like Laser Beam Eyes.

I'd be down for something.

Coulda sworn Swap Ammon was color-tintable, but it has been a while since I have been on one.

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

1 hour ago, JasperStone said:

Coulda sworn Swap Ammon was color-tintable,

No, it doesn't. Swap Ammo, Cryo Ammunition, Incendiary Ammunition, and Chemical Ammunition are all listed on the power customization window, but they only have the Original choice and there is no color selection palette for them.

• Thanks 1