Master Warlock

Ultimo

I have a Controller character, Gravity Control/Time Manipulation, with Sorcery.  I wanted to make his "nemesis" (who I want to play as a villain, but who will also appear in AE missions).  Think of Baron Mordo.

My initial choice was Demon Summoning.  I've got lots of Masterminds, but never used Demons, so I wanted to give them a try.  I've also got lots of Dark Miasma Masterminds, and my main Mastermind uses Force Fields, so I wanted to try something else I hadn't used before, settling on Electric Affinity.  So, my new Warlock is a Demon Summoning/Electric Affinity with Sorcery.

Now, I love the LOOK of this.  The electric effects look great in the colour scheme, and the Demons are in character... so my instinct is to like this character... but I'm struggling to enjoy him.  I'm finding the demons REALLY squishy, and the Electric Affinity abilities to be REALLY weak.

Has anyone any thoughts on this combo?  The character IS only L15, but I don't want to waste more time on him if he's not going to get any better.

Posted (edited)

I never played DS but for bots/EA the secret sauce was bind all buffs to target pet 0 and be prepared to constantly spam the EA buffs, bind faraday to quickly reposition all the time, and make liberal use of the MM attacks to force a body guard response while keeping the pets nearby in the cage. I would pull aggro as the IO'd "tank" for the bots then keep them buffed as I toggled between bodyguard and directed fire. The EA set feels busy, but for bots it was manageable. 

Edited by VashNKnives

my demon/ff kinda sucks if i exemp below power boosts level.  with auras and such i can get a decent 32%ish defense without pb

demons are a resist based set.  i had fun with thermal and sonic but your best bet is probably dark mia.  even with high resists they can still die in higher level content or +2 or something

• Like 1

I thought about using Dark as a secondary, but I already have two characters using it, and wanted something different.

Plus, the Electric powers LOOK like stuff Baron Mordo might use.

1 hour ago, Force Redux said:

Hmm. Maybe keep at it with your electrical affinity? I've heard great things about the combo with demons. I think with a few more levels and slotting under your belt you make it better results.🙂

Ya, he's about L20 now, so I figure I'll stick it out for a bit.  I feel like there's more effective combos, but it works conceptually, at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd actually been considering dropping Hell on Earth, I wasn't convinced of its usefulness.  It takes SO long to recharge, has such a limited range and seems to do so little... I went with Spirit Ward instead.

45 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

I'd actually been considering dropping Hell on Earth, I wasn't convinced of its usefulness.  It takes SO long to recharge, has such a limited range and seems to do so little... I went with Spirit Ward instead.

Not going to keep it as a mule?

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

59 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

Typically you would at least take Hell on Earth to use it to slot the pet uniques that would otherwise take up slots in your regular pet powers.

Demons/EA is also considered a very sturdy and tanky combination that likely isn't going to shine at level 15. EA is practically made for MM's and a potent secondary for them. Demons pair well with just about every secondary out there. Demons/Cold is a strong pairing that is late blooming and capable of dropping AV's if I recall correctly. Demons/Storm lets you bring about a lot of fun, but won't really keep the demons upright (I have one of these and she wreaks massive amounts of destruction). But mostly I feel like you're not going to see the strength of Demons/EA at level 15; EA just doesn't shine at that level range.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster