The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Justify my super speed

MaskedMan

I usually try to figure out why my characters have this power or that. Sometimes, I can't make it make sense. My storm/storm corruptor uses super speed and I can't justify it. How would his powers over the weather make him run fast? If he flew, I could say he generates wind to hold him self aloft and propel him through the air; I could probably say the say for super jump. As he is zipping down the streets with his electricity path aura crackling behind him, I can't see how electricity would make him run fast. This is silly, I know. These are the things that keep me up at night.

14 minutes ago, Forager said:

Can you select the slide pose for super speed? If you can create ice and generate wind, put a hard layer of ice on the soles of your boots and blow.

That's something I hadn't thought of.

• 4 weeks later

Some combination of everything suggested above.  Also, you can change the animation of the power so that there is no electrical effect, if that is really bothering you for some reason (though I have seen plenty of lightning during wind storms and tornadoes in my time, so I don't think that's necessarily an issue).

Alternatively, you could put a note in his bio saying he managed to acquire some technological or magical device during his adventures as a supe (A sonic accelerator, The Boots of Mercury, or whatever BS McGuffin you want to come up with.  Such things are common in comic-book mythology, no?).

Atmospheric energy is needed to generate storms. They can generate hurricanes and tornadoes. It all boils down to the energy needed to cause this. Your character has to have the ability to generate this energy, so the same concept and energy is used in creating super speed. I wouldn't over think it. We get shot by Hellions in the chest, and while we take damage, one shot does not kill our toons.

Paragon Vanguard
Jerrin Bloodlette
Hughe
Luke Minhere
many others

• 2 weeks later