Guitar option for melee weapons (Titan Weapons, Broadsword, War Mace, Battle Axe etc.)

21 minutes ago, Rudra said:

If you want a music instrument your character can play, it needs to actually be playable by your character.

21 minutes ago, Rudra said:

My understanding of

With respect, your understanding is completely incorrect.  I linked the Fortnite article because I mentioned the Fortnite Metallica update in my post.  The link was added for context and information about the update which inspired my suggestion. 

To be clear, I did not nor was I attempting to suggest that a whole new powerset and/or character animations get added to the game to allow for our characters to play a guitar.  I was only suggesting that it might be fun to add some guitar models into the game as options for a handful of melee weapon sets. 

48 minutes ago, Excraft said:

I don't see anywhere in the OP @ShardWarrior made that suggests these guitar items must be actual, playable musical instruments and would be used as some sort of all new sonic-based musical instrument set in the game that would require the NPC to play the guitar.  You're trying to inject that in to justify your criticism.  All that was suggested was adding some guitar objects as options for the various hand held weapon sets.  There's no mention of having these be playable instruments by NPCs at some concert venue in the game.   These guitar options would just add some flavor to a new NPC villain group, much like the Warriors utilize different weapons (axes, swords, maces etc.) as an example.  Some in the new villain group could utilize Sonics, some could use Symphony Control, some could use Guitars in lieu of a broadsword or titan weapon. 

This exactly.  Thank you.

15 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

With respect, your understanding is completely incorrect.  I linked the Fortnite article because I mentioned the Fortnite Metallica update in my post.  The link was added for context and information about the update which inspired my suggestion. 

To be clear, I did not nor was I attempting to suggest that a whole new powerset and/or character animations get added to the game to allow for our characters to play a guitar.  I was only suggesting that it might be fun to add some guitar models into the game as options for a handful of melee weapon sets. 

I thank you for the clarification, however, I did not take your post as a request for a new power set or animations. As I have stated in 5 of my posts on this thread not including this post, including the one you are quoting, if all that is being asked for are music instrument shaped clubs, then I don't care. Have at it. Go for it. Enjoy.

(Edit: And by club, I mean all they will be used for is bashing things. Not being played as a regular instrument, which will call for new animations.)

Edited by Rudra

Thank you.  I kindly ask that you do not further derail the thread with discussions about scale and how that relates to whether or not our characters could actually play an oversiszed instrument or how "real" an oversized instrument is or is not.  That goes for others as well.

Thank you.

On 7/24/2024 at 10:07 AM, Klaleara said:

I just want instruments for Symphony.

Can some of these also override brawl's animation? (e.g. hitting someone with a trombone's slide)