Demon/time or Demon/cold?

Rebel230

I’d lean towards Time because AoE heal + Bodyguard Mode makes you practically unkillable.

bodyguard mode only works so long as your pets are alive.

demons have no innate defense, only a large amount of resists except the prince who has a bit of both. if your goal is to maximize bodyguard for survival, then a defense based secondary for demons is not the way to go.

I’d lean towards Time because AoE heal + Bodyguard Mode makes you practically unkillable.

bodyguard mode only works so long as your pets are alive.

demons have no innate defense, only a large amount of resists except the prince who has a bit of both. if your goal is to maximize bodyguard for survival, then a defense based secondary for demons is not the way to go.

Pair it with Provoke so the enemies are attacking you and your pets don't need lots of defense.

It’s been my experience that any resist cap mm primary is less vulnerable to one shots than defense based. This is after testing almost 40 mm power set combos on Justin against the aoe’ng pylon and the Maria Jenkins av arc set to +3 and +4

Dead pets give nothing to bodyguard. The actual challenge is fitting in provoke without gimping your build in some way

Time and Cold both make any primary a "defense pet".

With the 2 +Def procs and Maneuvers (5 + 5 + 4.2) = 14.2

Cold, with shields and fog, provides

14.2 + 17.5 + 5.9 = ~38.5% def then another 15 from the MM proc puts them well over 45% for aoe def. 

Cold also offers Frostworks for additional mitigation.

Oddly enough, the "weakness" of Cold shields (f/c resists in lieu of f/c def) is a boon to Demons

The same effort for Time and Farsight:

14.2 + 14.9 = ~29 and around 44 for aoe.

With Powerboosted FS

14.2 + 21 = 35.2 with aoe around 50.

Looking way down the road, the support Hybrid provides +def as well.

To the actual question posed by the OP, this is a real "Sophie's Choice" for me since these are my 2 favorite buff/debuff sets.  Ultimately Cold debuffs > Time debuffs and Demons will heal each other (Time's advantage over Cold), so of these two options, I might lean to Cold by a score of like 52-48.