Labyrinth of Fog Secret Locations [SPOILERS]

It was confirmed by Cobalt in another thread that there are 7 total secret areas outside of the True Core (see my guide on the motes and gate of darkness to get to the true core). I have only managed to find 5 of the 7. So feel free to explore and find the other 2! Of note, Cobalt also stated that finding these seven areas has NO REWARD. So the vanity pets Mini-taur and Mini Benefactor don't seem to be linked to this. If anyone has any idea how to obtain those two pets, I'd love to hear it! Otherwise, I've listed the secret locations I've found (with coordinates if possible) down below. Entering any one of these areas will unlock the exploration badge "Hidden in the Fog".

1. The Endless Colonade. Many have probably come across this area, and it can only be entered through one of the random (not static) doorways. It's only a matter of time before you find this one!

2. Jack's Realm. If you get too close to Jack, you will die. [369.2 -462.6 1256.1]

3. Forbidden Server. There is a GM here... one that we all dread. [-1333.5 80.4 -1014.5]

4. ESCAPE IMPOSSIBLE Boat. If you jump off it, you will die. [-23.6 -154.3 -3007.0]

5. You against the world. If you approach the people, you will die. [440.6 -152.6 -1242.8]

Edited by Final Overlord
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Final Overlord said:

So the vanity pets Mini-taur and Mini Benefactor don't seem to be linked to this

Defeat the five variants of the Minotaur to get the minitaur.

I'll speculate that the Mini Benefactor is tied to the Malevolent Fog somehow. 

Ok, the Boat one annoys me, I looked up there, but apparently didn't look behind the fence bit.... grrrr

That means we just need to find the Green and Orange secrets.

I also know that each of those secrets is not far from a drop point of a randomizer.  (Though, so far I have 27 of those located, i'm missing at least a couple)

And to get out any of the hidden areas, there is an exit at the entrance. (Randomizer door)

Edited by lemming

There is a part of the map that has the Giant Monster Caleb near a throne room in what I think was a Purple zone.  Not sure if this is one of them.   [1291.7 -250.1 -1333.1],

[Edit, pretty sure this is not one of those areas as it wasn't a ??? area and didn't get a warning.]  I did hit one of those zones but didn't realize what I was supposed to do so didn't /loc it or see what was in it before I got ported out.

Edited by yzdragel

4 hours ago, yzdragel said:

There is a part of the map that has the Giant Monster Caleb near a throne room in what I think was a Purple zone.  Not sure if this is one of them.   [1291.7 -250.1 -1333.1],

[Edit, pretty sure this is not one of those areas as it wasn't a ??? area and didn't get a warning.]  I did hit one of those zones but didn't realize what I was supposed to do so didn't /loc it or see what was in it before I got ported out.

That Violet Room is just the throne room that is in the Rescue Positron at the end of MJ's arc.  Lots of interesting rooms like that

Thanks, I thought it was noteworthy just because of the named GIant Monster.  I assume he'd give badge credit, too.  But he wasn't related to the secret rooms.

I found Jack's Realm later.  What are the 5 colors for the ones above?  Colonnade = White?  What were the others.  I was in Jack's Realm, the DE spores map like in Aeon, but didn't recognize what color it was associated with, Yellow maybe?

Posted (edited)

The colors are below:

1. The Endless Colonade. White

2. Jack's Realm. Yellow

3. Forbidden Server. Purple/Violet

4. ESCAPE IMPOSSIBLE Boat. Blue

5. You against the world. Red

As of this thread, we are missing Green and Orange (as mentioned by Lemming).

Of note, due to the high volume of time that random drops put you in the Orange 5th column cave that has the mote, I suspect that may be an area with a door, but I haven’t found it. I’ve cleared several other orange levels without luck. 

Edited by Final Overlord
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, yzdragel said:

Thanks, I thought it was noteworthy just because of the named GIant Monster.  I assume he'd give badge credit, too.  But he wasn't related to the secret rooms.

I found Jack's Realm later.  What are the 5 colors for the ones above?  Colonnade = White?  What were the others.  I was in Jack's Realm, the DE spores map like in Aeon, but didn't recognize what color it was associated with, Yellow maybe?

I'll guess the DE Spores Map would be Green.    All the secret areas do give you a prompt (except the Hidden Colonade)

• Developer
1 hour ago, lemming said:

I'll guess the DE Spores Map would be Green.    All the secret areas do give you a prompt (except the Hidden Colonade)

I have not seen anybody report yet of having found green's secret, it's not a DE spore map.

• Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

Found a ??? area that has Statesman in a Graveyard area. Been kicking myself and crying cause I didn't take screenshot or location. But... that's one that is not on your list above.

When I stumble about it again, I'll post it here.

screenshot_240728-18-24-31.jpg

Edited by TauntingMonk
This is what happens when you go outside the map.

1 hour ago, TauntingMonk said:

Found a ??? area that has Statesman in a Graveyard area. Been kicking myself and crying cause I didn't take screenshot or location. But... that's one that is not on your list above.

When I stumble about it again, I'll post it here.

screenshot_240728-18-24-31.jpg

Don't get too close to the walls or you'll get booted from the zone.

9 hours ago, TauntingMonk said:

Monorail  [-1067.2 -1752.9 -435.9] is also yellow gate

Very impressive, though it's Green not Yellow.

Spoiler

@lemming @Final Overlord Green Council Warehouse. Red Line Tram with Gordon Freeman vibes.

Edited by Glacier Peak

58 minutes ago, TauntingMonk said:

Monorail  [-1067.2 -1752.9 -435.9] is also yellow gate

I found the entry spot at  [-1806.0 -261.1 1118.5] .   I think yours is the other side then?

Anyway, good find since I can't get to it myself.

You don't need to clip your head through the wall/ceiling for the Monorail. There's a hole in the wall behind the pipes at [-1776.7 -251.4 1123.6].

• Like 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 8 other complete badge characters.

8 hours ago, Burk said:

You don't need to clip your head through the wall/ceiling for the Monorail. There's a hole in the wall behind the pipes at [-1776.7 -251.4 1123.6].

Yea, got that figured this morning (with some guidance).    Dodging Mino and drones made it a bit tricky. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, lemming said:

Yea, got that figured this morning (with some guidance).    Dodging Mino and drones made it a bit tricky. 😉

Oh, And the mino following people into the green secret is a bug that will be addressed according to Cobalt.

45 minutes ago, Tidbit said:

Someone had told me therewas no orange secret room.  Anyone know if that is true?   I believe was discuseed on Dicord.

Yeah,  it's pending some extra polish. When it's added, you see a notice in the patch notes. 

1 hour ago, Tidbit said:

Someone had told me there was no orange secret room.  Anyone know if that is true?   I believe was discuseed on Dicord.

No way to get to the room.  It exists, but there's a buggy door in the way.  As GP said, it should be fixed.  (fully expect it to change locations too...)

11 hours ago, lemming said:

No way to get to the room.  It exists, but there's a buggy door in the way.  As GP said, it should be fixed.  (fully expect it to change locations too...)

Does anyone have a source for this? I've tried searching on here and on the discord for "orange" "secret" and "door", but didn't find anything except this thread.

Edited by Catalystic

35 minutes ago, Catalystic said:

Does anyone have a source for this? I've tried searching on here and on the discord for "orange" "secret" and "door", but didn't find anything except this thread.

The bugged door on the Orange 5th Column Cave map is the suspected location that leads to the Orange Floor Secret Room, however, as both @lemming and I have pointed out, players are currently unable to open the door to pass through - instead it acts as a randomizer door and sends the player to 1 of 40 different floors in the zone. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Thanks! I think I just found the door you're talking about at -3803.6 -380.1 1710.1. It just warps you straight into the randomizing, without opening or being entered like other randomizer doors. But, if you angle your camera against the door to peek through it looks like it's just a normal mission exit door dead-end on the other side, like the one just around the corner. Maybe there's a hidden side area off of it with the door, but it would be weird to have a normal exterior mission door lead to a secret room, unless getting past this weird randomizer door is the actual challenge.

Edited by Catalystic
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Catalystic said:

Thanks! I think I just found the door you're talking about at -3803.6 -380.1 1710.1. It just warps you straight into the randomizing, without opening or being entered like other randomizer doors. But, if you angle your camera against the door to peek through it looks like it's just a normal mission exit door dead-end on the other side, like the one just around the corner. Maybe there's a hidden side area off of it with the door, but it would be weird to have a normal exterior mission door lead to a secret room, unless getting past this weird randomizer door is the actual challenge.

Cobalt confirmed that door should not be a randomizer.  That the doors dosn't look different isn't that unusual.   Red & Violet are the unusual ones, but the others are fairly normal doors tucked into less usual spots. 

3 hours ago, lemming said:

Cobalt confirmed that door should not be a randomizer.  That the doors dosn't look different isn't that unusual.   Red & Violet are the unusual ones, but the others are fairly normal doors tucked into less usual spots. 

Right, the secret room doors all use existing door models but they are in very unusual places where doors would not normally be on those maps. I'm saying that the door and room that I can see behind the bugged door in the orange council caves is just a normal council cave entrance room, with a normal entrance door exactly where it would be in a normal council cave map.

Has Cobalt confirmed that the secret room is behind the bugged door? Or just that the door is not supposed to be a randomizer? (This is the sort of reason why I was asking if anyone could point me to the actual source where cobalt gave these confirmations, instead of just giving more second-hand descriptions of them.)

Edited by Catalystic