The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

New aura suggestion

I'd like an aura available in the costume creator that makes you translucent.  I've got a couple of characters that are ghosts and it would be nice if I could make them somewhat see-through without having to rely on stealth powers/IOs

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

I would rather it was separate from the auras if possible. If it was an aura, then I couldn't make misty spectrals, radiant astral entities, or other such characters unless every aura had a see through character option.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I would rather it was separate from the auras if possible. If it was an aura, then I couldn't make misty spectrals, radiant astral entities, or other such characters unless every aura had a see through character option.

This is true, though I'm not sure how else it could be done.

4 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

This is true, though I'm not sure how else it could be done.

My guess is the same way pathing auras were added. They still fall under auras, but they don't fall under the base auras. So that allows us to mix and match effects.

Edit: Or conversely, maybe even better, the same way the Spectrum skin was added. So that things like wraiths that have translucent or invisible bodies but wear clothing normally can exist without also having ghostly attire. Maybe even both options so full ghosts and semi-corporeal wraiths can both be made.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Psyonico said:

I'd like an aura available in the costume creator that makes you translucent.  I've got a couple of characters that are ghosts and it would be nice if I could make them somewhat see-through without having to rely on stealth powers/IOs

Though I'm not against an aura that would make you look spectral, I do not think that a spectral aura should be allowed in PvP.

200px-LostSoul1.jpg 200px-MoraineSpirit1.jpg250px-Spectral_Follower.jpg250px-Spectral_Knight.jpg250px-RedHand1.jpg200px-NightTerror1.jpg200px-NightHaunt1.jpg250px-Nerva_Spectral_Daemon.jpg

At least I think this is the kind of thing you are talking about.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

52 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Though I'm not against an aura that would make you look spectral, I do not think that a spectral aura should be allowed in PvP.

200px-LostSoul1.jpg 200px-MoraineSpirit1.jpg250px-Spectral_Follower.jpg250px-Spectral_Knight.jpg250px-RedHand1.jpg200px-NightTerror1.jpg200px-NightHaunt1.jpg250px-Nerva_Spectral_Daemon.jpg

At least I think this is the kind of thing you are talking about.

So make the new aura(s) work like the Prismatic Aether bought Prestige Costume Powers. Players can already buy the Spectral Pirate and Ghost Effect from Benevolabs. So if those don't work in PvP zones or the arena, then just have a flag for the new aura effects that also disables them in PvP zones and the arena. If those aren't disabled though? Then I don't get why the OP should be treated any differently.

What prevents this engine from applying a translucency effect to the character on a checked box? It doesn't even have to be a costume part, just a variable set.

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

So make the new aura(s) work like the Prismatic Aether bought Prestige Costume Powers. Players can already buy the Spectral Pirate and Ghost Effect from Benevolabs. So if those don't work in PvP zones or the arena, then just have a flag for the new aura effects that also disables them in PvP zones and the arena. If those aren't disabled though? Then I don't get why the OP should be treated any differently.

Well, that was the first time I went to a PvP zone with a Effect from Benevolabs running.

In fact, I took in a character with Spectral Pirate.

It stays active.

I waited until I the character was fully in PvP mode, and it was still active.

I went into Recluse Victory proper, and it was still active.

Seems to be a problem that needs resolving.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Does the Aether effect “Ghost” do this? I can’t remember.

If so I’d say that’s enough.

I don't know... Didn't know this was a thing, but if so, I'd agree.

4 hours ago, arcane said:

Does the Aether effect “Ghost” do this? I can’t remember.

If so I’d say that’s enough.

From what I see on the wiki page, it applies a slight translucency effect and a vaporous green aura so you look like a Croatoa ghost. There are other effects, existing auras, that I would also like to use, as well as no ambient aura for my shadow demon character. I would also like to not have to wait until I can get my hands on 250 Prismatic Aethers to make my ghost/shadow/astral/spectral character actually semi-transparent. It is why I am not a fan of locking costume parts behind the Prismatic Aether wall. Enemy transformations and other transformations? Sure. Costume parts though?

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I would also like to not have to wait until I can get my hands on 250 Prismatic Aethers to make my ghost/shadow/astral/spectral character actually semi-transparent.

Unfortunately, I think the time for “special auras shouldn’t cost prismatic aethers” was a couple of years ago. It’s part of the game now, and we certainly can’t go passing out those same special auras for free unless all the people that spent aethers are going to get reimbursed.

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

Unfortunately, I think the time for “special auras shouldn’t cost prismatic aethers” was a couple of years ago. It’s part of the game now, and we certainly can’t go passing out those same special auras for free unless all the people that spent aethers are going to get reimbursed.

I'm fine with them being reimbursed. (It would take a lot of work though.)

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I would also like to not have to wait until I can get my hands on 250 Prismatic Aethers to make my ghost/shadow/astral/spectral character actually semi-transparent.

It is to give end-gamers something to do. I'm not opposed to that. Let them grind and pay people for Prismatic Aethers.

(I'm not an end-gamer, but I have unlocked about 6 Prismatic Aether costumes, but all but one are Tier 1)

I use Stealth for ...

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

my ghost/shadow/astral/spectral

... characters.

(I haven't reached  point where I've unlocked Phase Shift on Homecoming yet, but maybe I did and forgot)

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

I use Stealth for ...

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

my ghost/shadow/astral/spectral

... characters.

I use some form of stealth power for that too, but not all my ethereal characters are supposed to be stealthy. So those have not been made since I can't give them a suitable appearance. Add to that the Ghost effect is not appropriate for any of them because of the green vaporous appearance and I only just recently finally got to 150 Prismatic Aethers (between all my characters, including buying them from the AH, that I sent to just 1 character) to get the badges for just 1 character, and I find needing 250 Prismatic Aethers to make a non-stealth apparition prohibitively expensive.

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

I find needing 250 Prismatic Aethers to make a non-stealth apparition prohibitively expensive.

Yes. You have made that clear.