Phantom Gladiator

Zhym

Has anyone gotten this badge yet? 

I've fought a couple of gladiators (in a league) and I don't see a badge tracker showing progress towards this one yet.  Do you have to get the kill personally, or at least be on the team that does? 

Also, the patch notes say, "Each Gladiator will only interact with the same player once ever."  What does that mean?  Does that mean there are certain gladiators that spawn in specific positions, and if you fight that gladiator you'll never be able to fight them again—and if they gave you a clue, they'll never fight you?  Or do gladiators spawn randomly, and that particular spawned gladiator will only interact with you once? 

ETA: I personally defeated a Gladiator in the Fog one-on-one and still don't see a badge progress tracker.  But then, I didn't get the promised Draught of Fog inspiriations in those solo kills, either, even though I got the "You have defeated Gladiator in the Fog" message. 

Edited by Zhym

1 hour ago, Zhym said:

Has anyone gotten this badge yet? 

I've fought a couple of gladiators (in a league) and I don't see a badge tracker showing progress towards this one yet.  Do you have to get the kill personally, or at least be on the team that does? 

Also, the patch notes say, "Each Gladiator will only interact with the same player once ever."  What does that mean?  Does that mean there are certain gladiators that spawn in specific positions, and if you fight that gladiator you'll never be able to fight them again—and if they gave you a clue, they'll never fight you?  Or do gladiators spawn randomly, and that particular spawned gladiator will only interact with you once? 

ETA: I personally defeated a Gladiator in the Fog one-on-one and still don't see a badge progress tracker.  But then, I didn't get the promised Draught of Fog inspiriations in those solo kills, either, even though I got the "You have defeated Gladiator in the Fog" message. 

You need to defeat 25 Gladiators in the Fog to receive this badge. It's a Defeat badge, the tracker is in the Defeat badges section.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

You need to defeat 25 Gladiators in the Fog to receive this badge. It's a Defeat badge, the tracker is in the Defeat badges section.

Yup.  That's what the patch notes say.  And yet I've defeated several Gladiators in the Fog, including at least a couple in one-on-one combat, and I don't see a badge progress tracker for it, either in the Defeats section or in the Closest to Completion section.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhym said:

Yup.  That's what the patch notes say.  And yet I've defeated several Gladiators in the Fog, including at least a couple in one-on-one combat, and I don't see a badge progress tracker for it, either in the Defeats section or in the Closest to Completion section.  

Not trying to be rude - do you already have it maybe? It should be here on your badge list:

image.png.58bf0e6cd7801bd88985c63502ed8cd6.png

image.png.0abfc8c8fa3c712b580df958759bff60.png

1 hour ago, Zhym said:

"Each Gladiator will only interact with the same player once ever."  What does that mean? 

I believe this is referring to the NPC dialog that occurs before you click on them. There is a chance they can turn hostile before you have the Mote of the Gladiator, but if you DO HAVE the Mote of the Gladiator active, they will turn hostile when you click them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Not trying to be rude - do you already have it maybe? It should be here on your badge list:

Uh...yeah.  That would be it.  :classic_blush:

I think I got it from all the league Gladiator kills the first time I was in a Minotaur league, and didn't even notice I had the badge.  No wonder I couldn't find a progress tracker!

And yes, I've been referring to @Laucianna's guide extensively.

Now if y'all will excuse me, I'm just going to run down to City Hall and turn in my "Observant" badge...

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

image.png.58bf0e6cd7801bd88985c63502ed8cd6.png

image.png.0abfc8c8fa3c712b580df958759bff60.png

I believe this is referring to the NPC dialog that occurs before you click on them. There is a chance they can turn hostile before you have the Mote of the Gladiator, but if you DO HAVE the Mote of the Gladiator active, they will turn hostile when you click them.

A gladiator in that location will only interact with the player once for the purpose of handing out a draught.  I did find an edge case the other day, I found one near a mote, he gave me a draught, then I hit the mote which restored the buff for me.  I then clicked on him again and he went hostile.

So, I think the one time ever is just the chance of giving a draught on first contact.  (Not sure if i got a dropped one after defeating the other one.)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, lemming said:

A gladiator in that location will only interact with the player once for the purpose of handing out a draught.  I did find an edge case the other day, I found one near a mote, he gave me a draught, then I hit the mote which restored the buff for me.  I then clicked on him again and he went hostile.

So, I think the one time ever is just the chance of giving a draught on first contact.  (Not sure if i got a dropped one after defeating the other one.)

And just recreated this since there's a gladiator often near the Red Mote.   Walked up to him, he gave me a draught.  I then repowered up via Mote.  Talked to him again and he went hostile.  And I got the second draught after beating him

• Like 1

They may give you a draught if they talk to you or if you beat them, it doesn't always happen.  The more Labyrinth badges you have the greater chance they will get hostile and attack, but the Mote of the Gladiator is the key

25 alts with all the badges!

6 hours ago, Voltor said:

They may give you a draught if they talk to you or if you beat them, it doesn't always happen.  The more Labyrinth badges you have the greater chance they will get hostile and attack, but the Mote of the Gladiator is the key

Yes.   It's based on how many badges and Mote's you have collected, but if you have the Mote of the Gladiator, they are guaranteed to go hostile.  Hence the ability to grab one from talking, and then another from defeating.

• Like 1

I have faced Titan Weapon, Archery, staff, Axe and dual weapon gladiators to me they all hit the same.......HARD.  T4 barrier core plus some purples and reds are your friends if you are soloing them

Also targetcustomnext gladiator    is the one to use if you are wandering the halls and rooms of the Labyrinth as it will target Gladiators that are standing still.   The enemy alive version only works on the ones that are hostile.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 9:49 PM, Zhym said:

Now if y'all will excuse me, I'm just going to run down to City Hall and turn in my "Observant" badge...

Please do not joke like this. I am still on my first cup - and I'm already obtuse. I'm suddenly scrambling my brain to think what I can turn in my Observant badge for ...another badge? A temp power? A new level shift? And then it finally dawns on my you're being self-deprecating about not being observant. Well played, lol. 

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:12 PM, Voltor said:

I have faced Titan Weapon, Archery, staff, Axe and dual weapon gladiators to me they all hit the same.......HARD.  T4 barrier core plus some purples and reds are your friends if you are soloing them

Also targetcustomnext gladiator    is the one to use if you are wandering the halls and rooms of the Labyrinth as it will target Gladiators that are standing still.   The enemy alive version only works on the ones that are hostile.

I've started using "targetcustomnext Fog"   catches both Gladiators and Malevolent Fogs

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lemming said:

I've started using "targetcustomnext Fog"   catches both Gladiators and Malevolent Fogs

Actually that will target Gladiators, Malevolent Fog and The Minotaur in the Fog, and the Benefactor in the Fog during the mino fight.

I'm using three so far:  targetcustomnext gladiator   ,   targetcustomnext malevolent  and targetcustomnext the minotaur

The word fog is best left out of them unless you want touse the full name like gladiator in the fog   and the minotaur in the fog

During the mino fight, I use the mino   macro to lock onto him for Lore pet and other attacks, as soon as gladiators appear i switch to the gladiator one and let fly with judgment power, pyro or ion, then use the mino one again for the finish.

Oh, I have found that the warburg bombs are helpful after he summons his gladiators 🙂

• Like 2