Minimal FX Kheld Forms

5 minutes ago, Owl Girl said:

i guess the lore really can survive players having fun then? the possibilities seem so endless now...

Wow. You really don't get the difference between "Here's a Halloween costume" and the rest of what's being said.

I'd say I'm shocked, but...

Neither you nor the thread are worth it any longer. Haven't been for a while, but I'd been holding out some degree of hope. Should know better by now.

Can probably stop working on updating the lore/backstory guides, too, since obviously nearly nobody gives a damn. (Yes. Guides. Since there are plenty of nooks and crannies with interesting... oh, wait, it's lore, you don't find it interesting.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

Okay, so if it has zero gameplay impact, is it ok?  

We have armorless (minimal fx) armor defense options that i can turn off without changing gameplay, ice and bio spring to mind.  So if an armor power can exist without, you know, the armor appearing, why can we not have a form power without the form appearing?  

I understand protectiveness of lore, but if my scrapper can use boxing (or storm kick gut punch animation) to mimic radiant strike, and laser beam eyes, with the halloween costume to walk and act like a kheldian, and it has zero impact, why does this suggestion seems so harmful?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Aracknight said:

Okay, so if it has zero gameplay impact, is it ok?  

We have armorless (minimal fx) armor defense options that i can turn off without changing gameplay, ice and bio spring to mind.  So if an armor power can exist without, you know, the armor appearing, why can we not have a form power without the form appearing?  

I understand protectiveness of lore, but if my scrapper can use boxing (or storm kick gut punch animation) to mimic radiant strike, and laser beam eyes, with the halloween costume to walk and act like a kheldian, and it has zero impact, why does this suggestion seems so harmful?

If you put on a doctor costume at halloween, do they let you walk into the hospital and start giving people drugs or do surgery?

A doctor is defined by their interest, years of schooling, internship, licensing and the like. A halloween costume is a halloween costume.

I leave the rest to the readers to ponder. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

5 minutes ago, Greycat said:

If you put on a doctor costume at halloween, do they let you walk into the hospital and start giving people drugs or do surgery?

I mean, they kinda do.  They get kinda mad about it but...

Screenshot_20240814-224750_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

10 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Can probably stop working on updating the lore/backstory guides, too, since obviously nearly nobody gives a damn. (Yes. Guides. Since there are plenty of nooks and crannies with interesting... oh, wait, it's lore, you don't find it interesting.)

there's that huffing i love so much ❤️

the lore will absolutely survive if every single player of a kheldian uses some sort of custom form change (including minimal fx ones), i promise that it won't alter any of the lines delivered by any of the npcs or even have an effect on that bible that You are writing. for all You know, all of those players will claim to be playing characters that are outliers from the rest of kheldian society or perhaps kheldians from another dimension accessed via Portal Corp!

don't forget to thumb this comment down along with the prior one that You forgot to do or i will be very cross. and as a gesture of Friendship and an assurance that everything Will Be Okay, have this emoji of a smiling face as a gift from me to You: 😃

• Like 2

done with the Moogle "community" here. since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and poop on people who do.  Moogle backstory guide might be uploaded in a 3rd location when i finish the revision. no, it may not be put on the wiki, and what was there of my first one has been REMOVED! please do not reupload. i'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be pooped on and told "lol, let people play how they want, f you." (you can than xXLimpBizkitFanXx, KupoKaiser, daRealSid, boxdestroyer2002, OwlBoy, BrayCat, ButtStroke420, Spencer Gifts LLC, president obama, the San Antonio police Department, my mom not letting me use the computer room after 9pm, GM_Vietnam, Sharkey, DanceDanceCommunistRevolution, my wife's boyfriend Carl, ChronicIBS, shortstackgoblin, sharif for not liking it, Rusty Shackleford, harshBDSMmaster, AcceptAllCookies, BundleOfSchticks, Stygian Owl, Farticus_Rex, Cockroach Girl, Oranbega_Beggar, The People's Democratic Republic of Glendale, GoDaddydotCom, ClarrisaExplains: it all, My Chemical Gluten Allergy, Square Phoenix, Sharkey ((again)), and the rest for making that very clear.)

Lore arguments without citations, and paraphrased in a way that does not contradict anything being argued against should simply be dismissed.

Honestly, just stop replying to these people, report them if they keep trolling and move on, they aren't worth the attention they seek.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Thumbs Left 1
  • Microphone 1

yes, the lore-based arguments are hot trash. but no, i will Never give up on greycat and rudra!! (i am uncommitted on biostem as of yet)

• Haha 1

done with the Moogle "community" here. since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and poop on people who do.  Moogle backstory guide might be uploaded in a 3rd location when i finish the revision. no, it may not be put on the wiki, and what was there of my first one has been REMOVED! please do not reupload. i'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be pooped on and told "lol, let people play how they want, f you." (you can than xXLimpBizkitFanXx, KupoKaiser, daRealSid, boxdestroyer2002, OwlBoy, BrayCat, ButtStroke420, Spencer Gifts LLC, president obama, the San Antonio police Department, my mom not letting me use the computer room after 9pm, GM_Vietnam, Sharkey, DanceDanceCommunistRevolution, my wife's boyfriend Carl, ChronicIBS, shortstackgoblin, sharif for not liking it, Rusty Shackleford, harshBDSMmaster, AcceptAllCookies, BundleOfSchticks, Stygian Owl, Farticus_Rex, Cockroach Girl, Oranbega_Beggar, The People's Democratic Republic of Glendale, GoDaddydotCom, ClarrisaExplains: it all, My Chemical Gluten Allergy, Square Phoenix, Sharkey ((again)), and the rest for making that very clear.)

5 minutes ago, Super Atom said:

You should have stopped taking them seriously the second they tried to push the idea it can't even be done due to power animations.

That implies I ever did. I respond purely to educate people who might read their falsehoods and think they have a leg to stand on.

Every time there's a kheld thread. I swear, I have no idea why someone with essentially zero credentials thinks they can gatekeep something based off lore they either haven't read, or don't understand. 

Nothing in the lore contradicts a kheldian flying around and blasting or punching people, it's actually quite supported, so the only real argument to be had would be a gameplay mechanic thing, and it's very difficult to argue against a cosmetic choice like this in that area.

The only thing of merit would be if somehow it would be difficult to do the conversion, which with how garbage this engine is, is plausible. But unless I see a dev around to confirm that, I will assume otherwise.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

The only thing of merit would be if somehow it would be difficult to do the conversion, which with how garbage this engine is, is plausible. But unless I see a dev around to confirm that, I will assume otherwise.

110%, but can You live with yourself knowing that it might prevent us from ever reading greycat's magnum opus (the kheldian bible) and all of the many guides that he's working on but withholding until we have some idea of whether or not we can get a minimal fx fix for kheldian forms? is it really worth that dreadful price??

• Thumbs Up 1