Max hp

Project

If Stalker is an option, I would look at Sentinels as well even if they are a range class. They get Instant Regeneration versus Quick Recovery and End is manageable enough in this game. Outside of that, go Brute since they have the biggest HP pool. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

If there is a question of how to hit MaxHP for a Stalker: I know that my Energy Aura Sentinel (an AT which IIRC has the same MaxHP as Stalker) was able to passively hit MaxHP once the accolades which boost Health were achieved. I bring this up only because Energy Aura requires as slightly different approach to building Defenses than other Armors and there was something about the way I used set bonuses that got to the MaxHP... not something I usually achieve (because of build compromises). I may have other characters passively at MaxHP and simply not realize it!

I'm guessing that other Stalker armor set (Bio Armor?) could also get to Stalker MaxHP passively, and if committed to using a power like Dull Pain (from Invulnerability) you should be able to hit MaxHP whenever the power is in use. There isn't much content that really requires MaxHP (especially with Invulnerability) IMO. Obviously things like Scaling Damage Resistance and Regeneration rates come into play.