Can we please talk about the ninja Nerf to AE drops?

midknight187

So since 6/27 I've noticed the following

- that the mission/arc completion reward/s are gone

- It also seems that recipe drop rate was reduced

- but standard SO drops have increased.

I have not found any patch notes or even just a statement from the Homecoming team.

I'm ok with the most changes if they were intended with but I'd prefer full transparency on all changes to the live servers.

So please let's talk about this :-)

• 2 weeks later

The only ting you are correct about is the arc completion removal and that was due to exploits of people completing missions and getting xp for complete while not being in the mission at all.

'

instead of nerfing it, why didn't they just fix it? If you're not in the AE you don't get rewarded for completing it. I guess it's easier to nerf things instead of fixing the problem

The only ting you are correct about is the arc completion removal and that was due to exploits of people completing missions and getting xp for complete while not being in the mission at all.

'

instead of nerfing it, why didn't they just fix it? If you're not in the AE you don't get rewarded for completing it. I guess it's easier to nerf things instead of fixing the problem

There were notes about it on discord...it was listed as an exploit

You are right, it easier to nerf things, than fix the problem.  Given the Dev's are entirely unpaid volunteers who are choosing to spend time away from family, friends, other hobbies, etc to do this, they get to choose what they want to spend their time.  It's unfortunate that the change required impacting people who were not using the exploit, but if that easiest for them, then we really can't complain to them about.  You can complain, but complaining about the Dev's would be like a homeless guy complaining that one time at the shelter they were served steak for a few weeks, but now they are serving chicken, lean beef, and pork because it's cheaper.  Again, you can complain about the change...that's what the forums are for, just don't make it sound like the Dev's aren't doing enough...

• Like 6

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting