All of CoH Is End-Game Content

Shinobu

The biggest problem was not with people skipping content, but people skipping learning how to play. BAEbies would join and get jumped straight to 50, and then start joining PUGs without knowing how to activate their own mez protection or run toggles. That's a problem when you organize a Pick Up master run of any TF and three members of your team simply don't understand the characters they are playing.

All whales swim in the ocean.  Sea Creatures swim in the ocean.  Therefore all sea creatures are whales...Logical fallacy right?

We have players who don't know very well how to play the game, and we have Power Levelers...but the two aren't necessarily related

We have different segments of PL'ers -

• Vet Players looking to get to lvl 50 and do whatever end game content they want
  • Players who are being PL'ed by their friends so they can be the same level their friends are
  • People exposed to PL'ing thru an in-game connection - shows them how to do it, and off they go
  • People who read how to PL and just did it

But let's be fair, no one just comes to the game, completely clueless and starts to PL.  They have to either a.) acutely aware of the game mechanics in a way to build an "exploit" to level quickly without grinding or b.) they have to been exposed to it by someone else who knows what they are doing.

So unless you fall into those last 2 segments, and however you were exposed to the game didn't share with you any other mechanics...you might struggle when you get to 50...But these are the minority cases, not the rule...

Conversely there are different segments of people who don't play well as other players

• Casual Gamers who don't min/max
  • People who don't understand AT Balance and ignore their secondaries - "Pure Healer","Damage Only","All Holds all the time"
  • People who get bad advice and don't know to question it
  • People who solo and don't read Paragon Wiki or the Forums

Doesn't read like a list of people who only power level, does it...I mean I could be a power leveler and be any of those...but there are lots of players who don't PL who fall into all of these as well...

It helps a lot on these forums when we don't paint with a big brush and label a segment of players as being "all one thing"...Player's reasons for being who they are and how they play and why they play are as varied as the sunsets...

So yes it sucks when you do a PUG and someone doesn't know all the ins and outs as well as you do, but if they leave that group and haven't learned anything, that's now on you, not them

And I would argue, if you're bar for a pickup group is "master level", then you have set a very high bar that most people who play this game can't meet.

Now it may seem like I am slamming you ChocolateMercenary, and I am not...You've expressed a common opinion on these forums.  This post is as much for them, and not an intent to single you out.  But your post gave me an opportunity to respond...

Very well said. It’s pretty sad that the opinion that PL/Farm = automatic idiot is so common. Especially when some of those opinion holders go so far as to say that PL/Farmers should be ridiculed and laughed at.

I don't think that's common. In fact, I think most vet 50s farm in some form to afford enhances.

Also, this thread turned into the Perma-haten thread.

I see you rollin'....

Perma-Haten that’s pretty good.

PLing/farming has existed all the way throughout my CoX history. I remember the massive herds in hazard zones, dumpster diving in Dreck farms, the fire/kin controllers, people looking for bridges to level up even faster and finally AE. Most people I played with back in the day (a semi hardcore crew) had a fire/kin or something similar to farm/PL with, I even had two - one on each of my accounts so I could PL myself.

I haven't yet farmed, PLed (unless you count the 1-2 runs of DFB per character) or made a farming character on Homecoming, but that's only down to a couple of reasons that might change:

• I have more than enough inf through WW
  • I don't feel a pressing need to have dozens of lvl 50s, with my nowadays more limited playtime I'm lucky my current 4 see the daylight often enough
  • I'm also trying to focus on playing ATs/powersets I didn't play back then, so it's nice to take the "slow" route to 50 (~15 hours with DXP) and try out the powers as I go
  • Finally, I just find repeating the same mission over and over extremely boring - wonder why I don't like Synapse TF...

Anyways, if WW suddenly choked up or I rolled a character I'm extremely familiar with, I don't think it's a ludicrous idea that I'd jump into a farm. I do find a bit of a shame if PLing is all a new player ever learns about the game, but then again if running a fire farm is enjoyable to someone, why should I try to stop them from doing it?

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

>Going on about toxicity

>Ganging up on one guy you disagree with

OK fam

So multiple people disagreeing with a persons post is 'ganging up on the person' now?

What is this, High School Debate 101?

Disagreeing with an outlook or opinion is not in any way 'ganging up' on the person that expressed the opinion, it's called healthy debate.

I am not here to coddle misinformation and fact-less opinions as fact.

I don't think that's common. In fact, I think most vet 50s farm in some form to afford enhances.

Also, this thread turned into the Perma-haten thread.

I see you rollin'....

Awesome! I loved that thread!

WAIT!!! I mean, I be haten' that thread. Permanently.