New Blaster sustain toggles?

Rinwen

Hail and well met, folks.

I was reading a thread where somebody was complaining about some new, endurance free, sustain toggles for Blasters.

Now, thus far I've only made an En/En Blaster, but in the creation screen, reading over the powers, I didn't see anything about a toggle, and only some click power that didn't seem all that impressive to me.

So, is there any truth to these endurance free toggles that help with sustain?  Did I pick the only secondary that doesn't have a good sustain power?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Take care,

Tachyon Pulse, NoOb Extraordinaire

Proud member of... nuttin' yet

"Sustain" is the name for the blaster-wide buff by which one power in every secondary set gained a survival and endurance improvement. These were added to the powers rather than replace them and installed at level 20 at the latest. A common example is Field Operative: Once Cloaking Device, it no longer costs endurance, and instead gives 225% Regen and 50% Recovery. Still cloaks, just, gives instead of takes.

(Yes you read those numbers right. It's clear this was a bit of a slap-patch job and would probably later on have been dissolved into a more complete secondary rework, but we'll gladly take the "oh no I HAVE to take this power at 20" for what it offers us.)

Most are toggles but some are clicks and one (arguably the worst of the lot) is actually off a fear attack. Ninja training has another clicky, while Fire just toggles it on and won't need to re-click until they die.

There's a handful of exceptions: Most of them are that instead of Regen you get an Absorb (temp HP) layer that lasts a few seconds every few seconds. In your case (/Energy) it's instead the endurance side of things that's an alternate, with a 119.2% global End Reduction applied to everything you do above and beyond whatever redux your IOs may already offer. Means getting things to 1/3 of their original cost is effortless come IO sets and some electrical blasts will regularly refund more than they actually cost on hit!

• Like 1