Notes

I've read several posts that discussed leaving notes or comments about other players. Is that possible in game? If so, how does one do it? And even more importantly, how do you find out what has been written about you?

#itsnotparanoisiftheyreallyareouttogetyou

#itsnotparanoisiftheyreallyareouttogetyou

Related: just because you ARE paranoid, does not mean that "they" are NOT out to get you.  :D

And I don't think there's an in-game way to make notes on people.  You have to go old-fashioned, with a pen and a notebook, for that.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Click on someone that you see in-game, and then right click.  Underneath "Trade," "Follow," "Chat," etc., click on "Add Note."  That lets you add an in-game note about someone, as well as rate that player one to five stars.

No, there's no way to see how someone has starred you, nor written up about you.

Nemesis is out to get you...it’s part of his plot.

That, and you can leave a note by just right clicking on any character, and Add Note.  You cannot however see notes other people made about them or you

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Right-click on another player (or click their name in chat) and select "Add Note."

It allows you to leave a note about that player, as well as a 1-5 star rating that will appear over the heads of any character on the same global account, so you can see at a glance which players (not characters) you've previously had good or bad experiences with, and can check the notes you left* for yourself about why.

Emphasis on "for yourself." Nobody else will see the notes you make about people. Similarly, you don't get to see what other people are writing about you, and neither does anyone else; it's not public information, it's just a reference for the person leaving it. Notes, not reviews.

There's also a handy "Private Message History" tab in the same window.

*same procedure, select "Edit Note"

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

To add one minor point, if you do team with an utter idiot, and flag them with one star, it'll show on all their alts because it's flagged on the global handle, but it'll also show in any screenshots or video capture you do.

To be fully paranoid, you need to consider potential fallout from that, and I did see a couple of bits of that back on live where people got bent out of shape by a screenshot not having them tagged with 5 stars...

You can also use /playernote globalname to open up the note window for that particular global handle. As far as I know, no way to check what others write about you.

As for usage, I generally use it as follows:

1 star for anyone who's a certified butthole that I don't want to play with again, I pair this with global ignore. The visible one star rating helps me avoid them if I happen to get into the same team somehow.

2-3 stars for anyone that's just a bad teammate depending on the severity, usually 2 stars if I suspect the bad play or lack of corrective actions is intentional, 3 stars if I think the person is just new or clueless, but doesn't intend it. This allows me to check the note if I see 2-3 stars and then choose whether or not I want to commit to playing with that person.

4 stars = no stars, or the default. The average member of our generally great community.

5 stars for anyone who's a particularly nice teammate: a great build that allows them to carry a team, someone who's just fun to play with or people who are helpful.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.