Ninja Sword or dual blade

Necate

Hi guys !

I wanna up an /EA stalker with a ninja blade or a dual blade. I have to made a choice between this two primaires power set.

What is the most efficient for solo mission and PvP ?

Thx for you'r answer mates.

I have no idea I'm afraid - all I know is I have a Ninja Blade / Energy Stalker I really like, but I don't know how he performs vs dual blades. Ninja Blade AoE is a bit annoying because of cones, but the attacks are all quite fast recharge which makes it feel really nice at the lower levels before you get a lot of global recharge.

I've never used EA, but had stalkers both in their 30s of both dual blades and ninja blade, and personally I much prefer how the dual blades work in combat.  The combo system makes them much more dynamic, and (though I don't have any figures) I think the dual blades attacks are generally higher damage - ninja blade is more of a 'fencing' style of combat, lots of quick fairly low damage attacks.  With ninja blade you cycle through your attacks much faster, and you can keep your defence high in the process with the right chain of moves, but I found dual blades felt much more visceral and way more fun.  You wont be an AOE machine with either really tho.

Ninja Blade is certainly less visceral - that works a lot better for my char but not for everyone. It can also slot Achilles Heel - Res procs in most attacks (unsure if DB can). The ATO build up proc also probably makes DB better than before as the DoT combo is a lot more doable.

I really like the idea of Dual Blades and I don't mind the damage type, but I thought I read somewhere that to get the best performance out of dual blades you had to pretty much forgo the combo system for the best DPS? 

I just got my BS/SD up to 50 and I wish I had picked a faster animating set than Broad Sword, but I'm not sure whether I'd pick Ninja Blade or Dual Blades if I rerolled.

Not a big stalker or ninja primary player, although I like ninjitsu secondaries as much as the other guy. I've read that Katana offers slightly bigger damage than dual blades while dual blades offer faster attack, so I guess they even out. Maths and graphs aside, I like the katana thematic and animations overall more than dual blades.