Where to put ATO's?

Jaynen

So in my WM Scrapper I am trying to figure out where is best in your powers to socket the ATO sets. I feel like your big hitter clobber you would want the crit bonus? but you want the one that can proc the crit buff in something being used a lot?

On my Rad/SD Scrapper I have Scrapper's Strike slotted in Shield Charge and Critical Strikes in Radioactive Smash for the following reasoning:

• Shield Charge doesn't benefit all that much from damage procs, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on any by not having one there.
  • Radioactive Smash is my most often used attack as my chain is DB > RS > Siphon > RS, and whenever it procs, one of the two big hitters is primed for a crit.

Using this logic, I'd put the Critical Strikes proc in a power that usually precedes the use of Clobber so that your most powerful attack gets the benefit should it happen to proc. The passive can go pretty much anywhere depending on your build's needs, but I'd suggest something like this:

• Crowd Control, 5/6 superior Scrapper's Strike without the Dam/Rech still caps both Dam and Rech enhancement values, use the remaining slot for the Force Feedback proc, PvP -Res proc or any damage proc you like
  • The same 5 slot scheme in any ST attack you like besides the one that precedes Clobber in your chain. If you can spare a 6th slot put in a proc.
  • If you are going to slot the full set of Scrapper's Strike, put it somewhere that either needs the high recharge enhancement value or isn't bothered by the lack of a proc.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

So the non proc one is a global bonus?

Yes, at least according to Paragonwiki. I don't know of any actual tests, but as far as I know nobody has contested this info either.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On my StJ/Nin I put the +3% in Heavy Blow, as to my knowledge the +3% isn't a proc but always on bonus.  I put the +50% to Crit, which I believe to be a proc, in Rib Cracker, as I believe it goes off pretty regularly in that attack.

Now, I put the +3% in Heavy Blow, mostly because I wanted to 6 slot it and still retain all the +10% RCH bonuses I could get, or else, I may have 5 slotted it and put the purple melee set there instead of Crushing Blow, as HB gets used a bit more in my attack chain RC>HB>SB>CB>HB>SB>Repeat (w/ a slight pause before CB after the first).

Due to the way PPM works, I feel it's a good idea to put the Critical Strikes proc in your highest recharge attack that isn't your best attack. For example, I have it in Burn on my /fire scrappers, and it goes off pretty much all the time, which makes for an excellent followup with the T9 from my primary.

The proc itself triggers a +50% chance to crit for 3 seconds and change. As in, you go from ~10% chance to crit to ~60% chance to crit for those 3 seconds.