Council in Steel Canyon

Zzaloom

Since there are a number of street hunts for these mobs, it would be so nice if there were actually council mobs present.... other than the random 1 or 2 scattered about the place. At the very least let them win some of the squirmishes with the 5ths.

Absolutely! This is downright awful, and makes me feel bad that the only way to complete them is to run around sniping the already beleaguered and prone council member out of a pack of 5th column.

Maybe it wouldn't be too hard to add "and 5th column" to the quest text and objectives?

squirmishes

Nice.

Yes! As I mentioned in another post elsewhere, when I get a Council streetsweeping mission in Steel Canyon, I want to ask the contact, "Why? Looks to me like the 5th Column has the situation well in hand!"

"Hello, Young Hero!  I hear tell where some old timers were complaining about how bad the Council in Steel Canyon used to be.  Can't say as I remember exactly when this was, but on the off chance that they're still a problem ten or fifteen years after the fact, please go and arrest twenty of them... if you can find any...."

I've generally found Council only on the street just north of the university in Steel, with about an 90/10 bias toward the 5th Column in the spawns north of there, except for the "five 5th Column beating up one Council" spawns.

Since all of this was 5th Column before the addition of the Council, as were the missions we got handed, would it be possible to make these missions "defeat N Council or 5th Column" rather than just defeat Council?

I've generally found Council only on the street just north of the university in Steel, with about an 90/10 bias toward the 5th Column in the spawns north of there, except for the "five 5th Column beating up one Council" spawns.

Since all of this was 5th Column before the addition of the Council, as were the missions we got handed, would it be possible to make these missions "defeat N Council or 5th Column" rather than just defeat Council?

It would be nice...I have the same problem in IP hunting council...And seriously, the 5th column needs to go DOWN!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

There's a similar problem in Port Independence, too.  I've been given a few missions here and there to bust some Council .... and all I can find for looooong stretches or time are 5th Column.  :(

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

+1

Considering how often the Council gets wiped by 5th Column, it's a wonder how the Center ever managed to overthrow them in the first place (though I suppose he had some help with that...)

It would be great to at least adjust the odds so that there is a more even chance of Council coming out ahead, or just leave solo groups of Council, as suggested.

(Plus it would be nice to have some defeat badges for 5th, but that's a separate suggestion.)