What Primaries and Secondaries for the endgame AV's?

mousestalker

Right. This is why I prefer Rad/ over the others as I mentioned, because the (mostly) toggles-on, then fire away. Plus if you have the right +Recharge (and Rad DOES) the attack chain for Sonic is rapid and you can stack lots of -Resistance with two, sometimes 3 attacks at the most that fire quickly.

But yes, I haven't tried Beam Rifle but here its the new rage because of it's debuffing ability and damage.Its a shame most of the models suck... : (

I'm surprised there aren't more mentions of Dark. A great mass heal with -50% regen that the servant can also use. Lots of teeth-pulling debuffs, particularly -ToHit and big -damage. Holds from you and the servant (only need one more for most AVs). A cone of fear to render adds useless. Then between Tarpatch and Howling, 2 area slows, -50% recharge,  -30 res, -500% regen, a mass stun, a weak and pointless target fear, and a dash of mass dark-energy damage that really just serves to add another to a very long list of sets you can slot into Howling. Oh, and a mass rez that will never rez anybody because they always get clobbered/rezzed on cooldown.

But one of the best features of Miasma for AV soloing is Darkest Night from both you and the servant. It's end-expensive but it turns AVs into kittens.

Oh and the stealth/res/universal defense aura helps I guess.

I ran Dark/Dark as my main throughout legacy and I'm restarting it here now that I've gotten home.

Dark definitely has all the tools to turn a snarling, cranky AV into easy pickings. Lots of tohit debuff, plenty of -regen and a dose of -res to go with it. Plenty of control to keep their horde of friends in line as well.

Whether or not it's the absolute best at it, I couldn't say, but I never felt like there was any AV or GM I couldn't effectively neutralize.

• Thanks 1

What's wrong about poison? It was mentioned a few times but not very high ranked even though on paper it seems extremely strong against AVs. On the main target it debuffs massive -res (65%), -def (78% base), some -reg (50%). That's more then most other powersets. Additionally all these debuffs are toggles or on a very low cooldown (not sure if they stack or not).

• 2 weeks later
On 7/29/2019 at 12:46 PM, chips said:

What's wrong about poison? It was mentioned a few times but not very high ranked even though on paper it seems extremely strong against AVs. On the main target it debuffs massive -res (65%), -def (78% base), some -reg (50%). That's more then most other powersets. Additionally all these debuffs are toggles or on a very low cooldown (not sure if they stack or not).

Basically what hampers it is the lack/low -regen debuffing. 

If say paralytic hold* also had -500% regen then I'd personally rank the set quite high. 

*I've advocated for poison trap to be replaced with the traps version but I no longer hold that opinion. I actually like poison poison trap right now. 

If we are talking about iTrials, Force Field with Power Boost because that powerset directly fixes the two main things that can cause an iTrial to fail: inadequate defenses on people leveling up their alts, and lack of league-wide mezz protection.

For 8 man task forces like the ITF I would probably choose Cold Domination. Traps would be in the running except for AVs with death auras who tend to run around a lot. Cold lacks a heal, though, so Thermal is a very strong secondary option.

Edited by oedipus_tex